Can you add custom music to the hackless version?

NEWB

Yes you should be able to add custom music. You need to put your songs in an strm folder. Then put that folder in a sound folder. These aren't special folders, you just create new folders and name them sound ang strm. Put the sound folder containing strm folder containing your tunes in your sd card. Go into your sd untill you see the folders for fighters, stages, etc.

There TECHNICALY isn't a difference between hackless and homebrew versions. The hackless version installs the homebrew channel through stage builder.

Do you need to know how to do this?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
The hackless versions take advantage of the original exploit that allowed modding of the wii. The smashstack exploit, which is literally a custom stage that CRASHES the wii intentionally to get code execution. from there, the exploit was coded to run the .elf that is one the root of the sdcard, in our case, its gecko. So, without even needing to permanently softmod the wii, you still get the mod. and as soon as you reset the wii, its as if nothing happened. Thats the difference. one requires you had previously installed the homebrew channel, and the other just runs gecko without the need for anything else

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
^that link doesnt work

Okay can you break that all down for a pleb like me? I understood the skin hacks part very well I just want to change the main menu music, CSS music and after the 20th some stage music. (Since music changes could cause desync)

Other Aether

Mediator
1. In x:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf or x:\minusery\pf, whichever you keep minus in, make a folder called "sound".
2. Inside that folder, make a folder called "strm".
3. Download/make BRSTMs that you want. I recommend http://brawlcustommusic.com
4. Find the songs you want to replace here. Find their name (example: X04, R10, B02) and rename the brstm you want to replace it with to that. For example, if I have a Legend of Zelda sound track that I want to replace "Dr. Mario (Melee)" with, I see that Dr. Mario (Melee) is W20. I name my sound track W20 and put it in the strm folder. A little tip that it doesn't mention there: R03 is the Hanenbow ambience.
5. Now just play the music in game and it should work! I recommend keeping a text document saying what you've replaced with what, so you don't forget.

Happy music modding! Music changes won't cause desynches, just by the way. The menu/CSS music IDs are:
X01 (Brawl Main Theme)
X02 (Menu 1)
X03 (Menu 2)
W30 (Menu (Melee))

Then, in the brawl menu, go to Options. Then click "My Music". I forget if it's on Page 1 or 2, but there's a "Menu" option. Adjust it so only the tracks you want can play.

Last edited by a moderator: