BUFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
When designing a character, you design not only their pros, but also their weaknesses. For example, Olimar in Brawl and Mac in 4 both excel at comboing, but are weak in the fields of recovery and air game respectively. Captain Falcon excels not just onstage, but also kills really well off-stage, but is weak to projectiles. Without any weaknesses, we get characters like pre-nerf ROB and Lucario.

In addition, Marth and Ike have many more problems with approaching through projectiles than Captain Falcon does, since Falcon has his speed and variety while the other two are forced to rely on much more predictable approaches. Run around a bunch and predict your foe's projectiles to see how you can get in and beat them up with your powerful combos!

It also helps if you play on stages outside of Final Destination, which gives zoners an even bigger edge due to a lack of platforms. Battlefield and Warioware are two notable stages that make it hard for zoners, the latter also being ROB's worst stage.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
R.O.B., Lucario, and several others are still pretty far above Falcon on the tier list. I want to see Falcon on their level...

Speaking of those two, Glyph posted in detail about R.O.B.'s weaknesses a while back, but no one has posted much about Lucario's weaknesses that I know of. Anyone care to post about that? I'd like to see a whole topic just about the weaknesses of the best characters.

Are any characters getting ignored or receiving only nerfs this update?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Bent, leave Falcon alone and just drop it. At this point it's almost like a child throwing a tantrum because they didn't get a toy they wanted from the store. You're embarrassing yourself. I don't want to be the asshole here, but enough is enough. Falcon is a solid character and does not need any buffs. The devs have already said multiple times that he doesn't need the buffs, so just accept that and move on, please. This has been going on for as long as that argument over Metal Mario, which was resolved in making the taunt longer, and showing you personally that he isn't unbeatable.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Gold_TSG said:
Bent, leave Falcon alone and just drop it.
I tried to change the subject:

Bent 00 said:
Speaking of those two, Glyph posted in detail about R.O.B.'s weaknesses a while back, but no one has posted much about Lucario's weaknesses that I know of. Anyone care to post about that? I'd like to see a whole topic just about the weaknesses of the best characters.

Are any characters getting ignored or receiving only nerfs this update?
Gold_TSG said:
At this point it's almost like a child throwing a tantrum because they didn't get a toy they wanted from the store. You're embarrassing yourself. I don't want to be the asshole here, but enough is enough. Falcon is a solid character and does not need any buffs. The devs have already said multiple times that he doesn't need the buffs, so just accept that and move on, please. This has been going on for as long as that argument over Metal Mario, which was resolved in making the taunt longer, and showing you personally that he isn't unbeatable.
Yep, definitely being an ass there...

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
That was aimed at the stuff prior to the subject change, as I was away for most of it. I don't wanna be a jerk, Bent. I just don't want you wasting your effort to push for what was already declined.

Besides, it'd make more sense to put reflective properties on Falcon Kick, but then he'd just he broken lol.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Gold_TSG said:
I don't wanna be a jerk, Bent.
Too late, damage is done.

Gold_TSG said:
I just don't want you wasting your effort to push for what was already declined.
Are you part of the dev team now? I don't recall reading any of my suggestions being outright "declined". Sammi and Pin didn't seem too receptive to them, so I tried to explain why they were good ideas, and wouldn't be overkill. A simple cancel on side taunt would barely have been a buff, for instance; it would have just made the taunt actually useable.

Gold_TSG said:
Besides, it'd make more sense to put reflective properties on Falcon Kick, but then he'd just he broken lol.
That doesn't make any sense at all IMO. That would be broken, like you said, while the suggestions I made would probably not be.

Also...

Gold_TSG said:
This has been going on for as long as that argument over Metal Mario, which was resolved in making the taunt longer, and showing you personally that he isn't unbeatable.
My argument against Metal Mario wasn't so much about him being "unbeatable" (he's not) as it was about him encouraging Keep Away tactics, which slow down the game and make it less fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.