BrawlEX clone engine by Phantom Wings

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Anybody else see this? Phantom wings has made a clone engine of his own, and he claims it can add a total of 100 extra fighters to the game! its really too bad that this got released right after Minus's MAX release. the possibilities of what can be done with this amazes me.
anybody else besides me think this would be awesome for minus?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

NEWB

Way too much to balance dude. We only need enough to re add some melee fighters, but that's still a lot.

Can we get this code to be part of minus! He already has codes in our gct.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
its should be fine if we add it. better to get permission though. it doesnt 'add 100 characters' it adds however many you want to add, just that 100 is the max you can add.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
The BrawlEX clone engine isn't compatable with CBLISS sadly. at least phantom wings says so.

I have been testing and i got the BrawlEX system to work with brawl minus.

The only issues are that The brawl- CSS code doesn't work with it. at least it wont work right. it will just clone marth, then the rest you add will be mario.

i switched the css code with the Custom CSS code v3, and then i can correctly add characters.

The other thing, which i assume would just need a little tweaking, is a bit more of a problem..kinda. The File patch code that the minus team edited to point to /Minusery/pf doesnt work with the BrawlEX clone engine. phantom wings made a modified version of 3.5.1 though which does work. i assume that they can re-modify whatever they modified before to get it to point to that location though.

BUT REGARDLESS of where the main patching location is, the BrawlEX config files MUST be in private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/BrawlEX.
so even if the minus team repatches the location to patch from /minusery/pf, the config files must still be in private

EDIT: also, it seems as though you can enable ALL costume slots within the BrawlEX config application, so im not sure cbliss is necessary..at least while the Clone engine is there as well. so it doesnt matter much if cbliss isnt compatable.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

yes it is real, i shoulda linked this in the OP

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
yes! :D i cant wait for the DLC

"In all likelihood, CBLISS won't work at all as BrawlEx causes the game to read the color data from a different place in memory. However, if CBLISS makes any changes to the game's assembly, it may cause a crash." ~PW

that was his reasoning, so i assume it wont work. oh well, i dont need a bajillion costumes anyways lol

but the BrawlEx engine can enable all costumes, if there were to be cosmetic config's for all characters. not just clones.

EDIT: my bad, its not a problem with minus's CSS code, its actually the giga and company CSS fix V2 that it wont work with.

Glyph

Glitch said:
I didn't want to spoil it. But I do plan on implementing all sorts of DLC, including clone engine.
It will be as follows:
cBliss
cBliss + Stage Expansion Pack (SEP)
cBliss + SEP + CE
SEP + CE
cBliss + CE

whichever of those gets the most demands (most likely all 3), I will make it within a few weeks.

What are these terms in laymans terms? I don't understand what's going on but it sounds like something I should really be excited about.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
you should :O lol.

CE = clone engine
Cbliss is a system that allows all characters to have the maximum number of color slots, same as in project M.
SEP= Stage Expansion Pack.

Jade_Rock

Can someone help me get this to work in minus max?

I want to add a cloned Marth so I used 3F like his example so can someone help it freezes on CSS...

NEWB

Well that's great and all, but what do we do with a bunch of empty slots? And is Mario the one being cloned here?

NEWB

Won't we get Roy or mewtwo for max eventually? I imagine that we could use it for that.

It's not like other psa really are max tier anyway. Some are only broken by vbrawl standards. I guess this is just me being picky.

Were you guys unable to get that rematch code to work? There was also a code that enabled shielding and dodging for alloys. Did that work right?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
i figured out how to add custom CSS icon's and CSP's. :D

i'll make a video tutorial regarding it fairly soon

gumbie

If something ever comes of this, me and Glyph were talking about having another Mother rep combining the best of both Ness and Lucas. Ness's aerials with Lucas' ground game, Ness's throws and Lucas' tether, Lucas' PK Fire DI effect over Ness's PK Fire flame effect, with the rest of the specials coming directly from Lucas. The model could be Ninten, but he's kind of a baby in the games. Poo would work well too. This probably won't happen but I just wanted to post it before I forget.

NEWB

Project m said that they were only gonna do characters that existed in the smash series prior to the new ones for wii u and 3ds because they don't want to seem like competition. We should probably stick to that rule. Or rather, it should not be included officially as part of the mod, but as a fan psa or something.

Glyph

Because they don't want to seem like competition to the new smash?

I don't think we need to worry about that. As much as I love minus, our fanbase is decidedly lower than P:Ms.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Just in case the devs read this, if there's anything that needs help regarding the clone engine, i'm your guy. Currently me and pikazz are working with Phantom Wings to make more exmodules as well as a few other things. I also have 4 tutorials up now.ompletely independent customized CSS icons and CSP's, one for Battle portraits, result screen portraits and franchise icons, as well as 2 tutorials on how to setup brawlEx. one specifically targeting how to setup brawl minus MAX with it.

pikazz is working on being able to make any character have a transform command or be able to transform into any character, same as zelda. And i'm working on a code that will create 4 'ex slots' on the css, that with a button command can change to any of the remaining 49 characters that we can't get on the CSS visually. And aside from all that, i know the inner workings of how brawlEx works. i've taken close looks at the common2 and bx_fighter module that make it work, i may even be able to change to directory for brawlEx to the minusery folder. (as PW said that even if the main patching direction is changed in the file patch code, the brawlEx files will still only read from private)

aside from brawlEx, if there's anything i could do to help you guys just let me know!