Brawl Minus with USB Loader GX, Gecko

Can't get it to work without freezing (usually at CSS or before that), I use USB loader to load Brawl, which uses Gecko. I'm unable to use Riivolution because I do not have NTSC Brawl Disc, only PAL disc. I've tried editing the GCT code to turn off SDHC expansion (I have 1GB SD card), and I tried both Brawl Portraits and Minus Portraits pack. I used to be able to run Brawl Minus (last version I used was 0.60b, it's been a while).

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I load like you. USB Loader GX.
The hooktype in Brawl loading options. What does it say?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Ah. Good. There's your problem.
Should be AxNextFrame. Change that. Should do it.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
....Hmm...When you get to the Brawl- Logo, smash the A button...lol.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
If you get a strap screen freeze, run chkdsk on your SD card. That ALWAYS works for me.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Spam A....
Works 982/1000 times. Hahaha.
Glad to be of service. Welcome back to Minus.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
One day we'll go back to freezeless straps

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
One day, Gold...One day...

Lightning

Ikesexual
Soo.. I think I may have found the cause of the freeze..

In my custom build, I removed Pichu.
I added Mewtwo in his spot.

I went from freezing everytime at the strap menu to absolutely no freezing.. :D

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
We all know you don't like Pichu, Lightning lol.
I can disprove that, though. For a long period of time I didn't have Pichu. It only froze when
1. I just switched SD cards and playing for the first time since the change.
2. First play after adding a BrawlEX character or changing the common5.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Yes, but I didn't switch SD cards. :p
I also added in a BrawlEx character and got no freeze after removing Pichu. I also edited the common5.

Now, I'm not throwing all the blame on Pichu but.. I'm noticing a connection.. :rolleyes:

NEWB

But it literally makes zero sense. Why would any of this have anything to do with the strap loader screen? I mean, maybe it reads something while the game is loading up the strap screen?

I mean, the freezing issue is apparently rampant, but I play minus a lot and I've only experienced it twice. I load with a 4 gig sd card and use minima launcher with only those two crashes. I can also use the PM launcher if I feel like it.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
It loads BrawlEX. That's what it loads. BrawlEX adds 10seconds to the loading time. During that strap screen BrawlEX is doing its thing....what that is exactly, I don't know.
I can definitely say that Minus3.5 freezes ALOT less(almost never) on the strap screen than in my custom build.