Brawl Minus Loading as Regular Brawl

thepope289

Hi, I just spent a little while messing around with trying to get Brawl Minus working with little headway. I am using the Homebrew Channel method, and everything goes well through the load and use of Gecko to start up the file. From that point, Brawl just loads like it normally would (although much slower) and all of the characters/stages stay the same. I made one change because of my uncertainty as to how these things work and the difference was negligible:

The first time, a couple of characters were overwritten as "Random", and my game froze when one of them was moused over. This may have been a coincidence, as this did not cause a freeze on a later attempt. After realizing it was still regular Brawl, I took the SD card back to my computer and moved all the "CODES", "PRIVATE", etc files that I had sitting in the open on the root back into the original all-inclusive "Brawl Minus 3.5 vportraits..." one they all came in and placed that big folder on the root. This got rid of the random characters but made no difference in game play. I couldn't really find this issue online anywhere, which leads me to believe it might be something simple (at least I hope so.)

Thanks in advance

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Alright, let's start from the top. Let's list off the files and folders that are in the root of your SD card.

NEWB

You are supposed to take everything in that folder you downloaded and put that on the root of the sd card.

Also, how big is your sd card? Gecko requires a 2 gig sd card. Larger ones require the use of the minima launcher or project M launcher.

On the gecko screen, you hook type should be set to anextframe.

thepope289

@The Concept
Okay so after unpacking the folder like NEWB mentioned, the files in the root of the card are:

apps
bootmii
CODES
PRIVATE
background.png
boot.elf
config.dat
gameconfig
codes
projectm
wii64
some pictures from a camera

@NEWB
My card is a 4GB SDHC, and I know that Brawl is not supposed to work with 2gig cards. I dug around and (from my reading comprehension) read that this way would be possible with a 4GB card. If not then I guess I missed something. I got project M to work through the Homebrew Channel, does that mean that launching it that way shouldn't be much harder?

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Gecko won't load SDHC Cards. If your card is an SDHC (Or over 2 gigs), you need to launch from the project M launcher, not Gecko.
You can also use Minimal Launcher, but I haven't ever used it.

NEWB

I don't think you can have that much on your sd card. You can only have minus or project m at the root of your sd card at a time. Take the other mod you don't want to use and pack it in one folder that the game will not try to read.

If you wish to use the minimal launche, just download it and put it in the apps folder.

If you want to use the project m launcher, I can show you were to put it. You should use the minimal launcher though since it should be faster.

thepope289

alright well it sounds like using minimal launcher is the way to go then. google doesn't like looking for names as common as minimal launcher, does anybody have a quick link to downloading it? if it's somewhere easy to find then my bad :)