Brawl Minus... I'M HOOOMMMEEEE!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I don't need much of an introduction if you know me from KC:MM and/or Smash World Forums. But if you don't, my tag is Doqtor Kirby. That's with a "q" not a "c". I'm a former Brawl interface/UI hacker currently working on Melee hacks - my biggest project named after this one, Melee Minus.

So yeah, hey.

NEWB

Melee minus? What do you intend that to be like exactly? There exists brawl minus Zeus, which is already project m mixed with minus. Is this maybe like that?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Oh hey there mate. Always delighted to see people from KC:MM or Smashboards around here. :p

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Oh yeah, I've seen you before. I downloaded your somewhat old SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY Ganon... lol.
Welcome to the Brawl Minus forums!
Do you have a preview of your Melee Minus work?

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Melee minus? What do you intend that to be like exactly? There exists brawl minus Zeus, which is already project m mixed with minus. Is this maybe like that?
Incorrect. It's a MELEE hack, unrelated to Brawl entirely.
Oh hey there mate. Always delighted to see people from KC:MM or Smashboards around here. :p
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye!:cool:
Oh yeah, I've seen you before. I downloaded your somewhat old SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY Ganon... lol.
Welcome to the Brawl Minus forums!
Do you have a preview of your Melee Minus work?
Negatory. It's still pretty alpha and incomplete. Like literally the only character I have done is Roy. :oops:

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
If i knew anything about hacking melee and/or had time in my schedule between my Backroom stuff here, SSE research, and BBox programming i would say to gimme a hollar if you need help with things. having a legit Brawl minus dev helping with Melee minus would probably help a bit :p

However much i would like to though, my schedule won't permit :(

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
If i knew anything about hacking melee and/or had time in my schedule between my Backroom stuff here, SSE research, and BBox programming i would say to gimme a hollar if you need help with things. having a legit Brawl minus dev helping with Melee minus would probably help a bit :p

However much i would like to though, my schedule won't permit :(
Any help is greatly appreciated. I do need a little help/somebody to bounce ideas off making characters Minusified, if that's something you or anybody else would be interested in.

Thor

I assume you could just post various ideas you have in here or a suggestion/idea thread and various people would love to offer feedback, although I don't know what you look for in terms of qualifications.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Do you live around here?
Unsure if Dream Land-21 is close to New Hyrule. :confused:
I assume you could just post various ideas you have in here or a suggestion/idea thread and various people would love to offer feedback, although I don't know what you look for in terms of qualifications.
I could open a development topic, somewhere. But that may be later.

Other Aether

Mediator
Well, for a Melee minus, you really have to be mindful of combos. Combos make the game go around, and you might think you're buffing Fox by making all of his attacks stronger, but in truth you'd just ruin his combo game. All changes must be done tactfully and with care on how they'll effect the character's metagame as a whole. Before changing one move, you have to think of all possible competitive uses of the move and how they'll change. For a comboless character like Bowser, it's easier. Either make him stronger, faster, give a lot of his attacks super armor, or all of the above.