Brawl Minus freezing on loading

DarkMatterGaming

Cap~Tain Fal~con! He's our hero!
Hello, all! I'm sad to say that my first post on this board has to be one with Brawl Minus giving me a royal pain. It's 12:40 at night and I just want to get this working probably in the morning.

What's happening is that - when I select the MinimalLauncher - it will just... stop. I got to the BrawlMinus.net screen, the... I don't know, first image(?) that flashes up, and right now I'm staring at the Breaking Limits loading screen that isn't moving.

If you need any more detail, I'll gladly provide it in the morning. I'm not using any custom character models or stages, and I wiped the SD Card clean of Project M data. Is this a problem with 3.Q in general, or am I just unlucky?

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Thank you!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I played Minus 3.Q some today via CFG Loader, and had to restart 4 times before it finally got past the strap screen.

I've never tried using MinimaLauncher... If you can't get that to work, try booting from an ISO Loader or from disc.

DarkMatterGaming

I played Minus 3.Q some today via CFG Loader, and had to restart 4 times before it finally got past the strap screen.

I've never tried using MinimaLauncher... If you can't get that to work, try booting from an ISO Loader or from disc.

I've tried from disc twice already; it's frozen there too.

I'll try more in the morning, I'm really tired.

NEWB

I can assure you that the minima launcher should work almost perfectly, at least it does for me.

What kind of sd card are you using and is it damaged?

DarkMatterGaming

I can assure you that the minima launcher should work almost perfectly, at least it does for me.

What kind of sd card are you using and is it damaged?

I think it's not SDHC since it's 1 GB; as for it being damaged, I don't believe so. I'm going to keep trying when the house wakes up.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
You are able to fit minus on one gig? I thought it was larger than that.
Minus is like 350 MB core.
What's your hook type for Minima Launcher?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
By hook type I mean that Minima Launcher should implement some form of Gecko code manager and that should need a hook type set. Although I'd assume it would default to the correct one anyway.

DarkMatterGaming

Okay, so after I got it to launch once... it crashed. I tried relaunching it once so far and it got stuck on the loading screen again.

At this point I'm just really unlucky.

DarkMatterGaming

Are you using the hackless or homebrew version?

Where did you download brawl minus?

Actually? I think I figured it out. Every time it froze, I was mashing A to skip the first few images.

Now this is untested right now, but I let the first image stay up for a few seconds, then hit A a few times and it worked perfectly.

Anyway, back to your question - right now I'm using the Homebrew version, as for where I downloaded it... I'm fairly certain it was here?

NEWB

Yeah, some people have weird problems on the strap loader screen for some reason. I guess don't mash A.

This stupid rule should probably go on whatever how to download brawl minus page we have.

DarkMatterGaming

Possibly? I'll probably run a few tests later on today after I practice with the glory that is Captain Falcon.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
side note- the game crashes every game an olimar goes ham... i mean like whenever a certain amount of pikmin are doing their own things at once during ffa's (which i play a lot since wifi doesn't work for me and my friends live nearby), the game crashes... it's ridiculous because one of my friends is excellent with olimar, but now we have to ban him because we don't want him to break the game (in a different way than the motto was supposed to mean)

DarkMatterGaming

...That is... surprisingly accurate. I've let the Wii cool off for an hour, so I'll probably try - more - in about fifteen minutes.

DarkMatterGaming

Okay now I'm just convinced that this game hates me. I can play it - for the most part - perfectly fine. Now patching the Wifi works for base Brawl, but not for Brawl Minus.

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Okay now I'm just convinced that this game hates me. I can play it - for the most part - perfectly fine. Now patching the Wifi works for base Brawl, but not for Brawl Minus.

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
Dude just use the wifi code gct dgctdon't patch it why? As for the various problems people experience it seems to be different for every person ever. I have never experienced strap freezds and have only had problems with Olimar which is pretty standard. For whatever reason, Minus just seems tp run differently on everyone's wiis.

DarkMatterGaming

Dude just use the wifi code gct dgctdon't patch it why? As for the various problems people experience it seems to be different for every person ever. I have never experienced strap freezds and have only had problems with Olimar which is pretty standard. For whatever reason, Minus just seems tp run differently on everyone's wiis.

...I'm trying to decipher what you're trying to say in you're first line, and I don't exactly understand it.

I downloaded the code for the custom servers for Wiimfii servers, patched it, Brawl works fine, and the moment I launched Minus it wouldn't work again.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
...I'm trying to decipher what you're trying to say in you're first line, and I don't exactly understand it.

I downloaded the code for the custom servers for Wiimfii servers, patched it, Brawl works fine, and the moment I launched Minus it wouldn't work again.
Wow major typo. I meant don't patch the iso since it's a pain in the arse. Just use the wiimfi codeset and a standard unmodified copy of the Brawl ISO. Also you need to delete your game save in order to access the new servers if you accessed the old servers before they shut down.

DarkMatterGaming

Wow major typo. I meant don't patch the iso since it's a pain in the arse. Just use the wiimfi codeset and a standard unmodified copy of the Brawl ISO. Also you need to delete your game save in order to access the new servers if you accessed the old servers before they shut down.

Okay, now that we're speaking the same language (I'm only joking! ...for the most part!), that makes a lot more sense.

The only caveat with that is that I accessed the servers literally a few months ago via Project M and had zero problems. Is it because I'm using Minima Launcher, or do I need to re-do the entire server process?