BRAWL MINUS DEV STREAM #2: THURSDAY AT 8PM EST/5PM PST BOOGALOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyph

Finally got around to watching/listening to the archive, and I've got something really blunt to say but bear with me.

Listening to 3 guys talk casually like this is super boring. You guys don't really have any direction or give me the impression you have anything beyond 'we need to talk about these things at some point' figured out. I'm less than 15 minutes in and I can't imagine sitting through this for another hour and 45 minutes.

I think it's cool that you guys are doing stuff like this, but if this is the kind of stuff you want to share then just type it up and let people read it. If you're dead set on streaming, actually stream stuff. Actually seeing the stuff you're working on is way way WAY more engaging than 'yeah we're working on this character's up-b. Also we're moving this move back to a way it used to be.' etc.

Also I kind of hinted to this but wow, just like plan what you want to talk about out beforehand. Know what you're going to say on the topics before you actually get to them and junk.

Hope this doesn't come across as mean spirited but I think this would really help you guys out.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I fell asleep during the stream was happening so I don't know how it went.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Finally got around to watching/listening to the archive, and I've got something really blunt to say but bear with me.

Listening to 3 guys talk casually like this is super boring. You guys don't really have any direction or give me the impression you have anything beyond 'we need to talk about these things at some point' figured out. I'm less than 15 minutes in and I can't imagine sitting through this for another hour and 45 minutes.

I think it's cool that you guys are doing stuff like this, but if this is the kind of stuff you want to share then just type it up and let people read it. If you're dead set on streaming, actually stream stuff. Actually seeing the stuff you're working on is way way WAY more engaging than 'yeah we're working on this character's up-b. Also we're moving this move back to a way it used to be.' etc.

Also I kind of hinted to this but wow, just like plan what you want to talk about out beforehand. Know what you're going to say on the topics before you actually get to them and junk.

Hope this doesn't come across as mean spirited but I think this would really help you guys out.

Nah, solid criticism, we'll take it into consideration. And by take it into consideration I mean we're going to make sure the next one is better.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom

There's a little bit of gameplay toward the end with me being up CPU's using the new MK and Pichu.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Not sure, probably starts some time between an hour in and a half hour before the ending. If you skip 15 minutes at a time you're certain to hit it.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Or it could be because minus is... how to put this nicely... stale.

IMHO, minus hasnt been really interesting since MAX.

@devs

You guys went on a nerfing spree, and a lot of the fun is just gone as a result.

Your also handicaping yourself by trying to be so independent..

I liked minus better back when the slogan was Break It Until Its Fixed.

The only limits your breaking now are little ones. Minus used to be crazy and flashy, now its just tame. Project M is more hype.

That kien guy should take over. At least he listens and compromises with the few fans left. He isnt afaid to take risks.

You want more fans? Make what the fans like, instead of just what you want. Your out of touch.

Bring back the crazy flashy stuff, thats what I suggest. Dont be so reserved.

ps: You probably shouldnt play completely unrelated games on official minus dev streams.

ps2: I dont like the minus artwork. Its childish.

ps3: Lavaville sucks.

I agree for the most part that many characters seem to be suffering from nerfs. Some things are honestly just being shuffled around from what it seems. In my opinion, instead of nerfing anyone that's OP, all other characters should be modified to compensate and thus match such a power level.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
That has been an ideal for ages, but it can't be reasonably done for everyone because it would require potentially heavily modifying their move sets or style of play, and as has been stated before, Minus simply doesn't have the manpower to do that for everyone. It's just better to shave off excess power from current OP characters so they aren't as infuriating to fight against.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The problem is that if you don't nerf you have to continuously buff everyone, resulting in massive power creep.

Thor

The problem is that if you don't nerf you have to continuously buff everyone, resulting in massive power creep.

The other problem is that some things were just waaaaaay too powerful.

Sheik has been nerfed every iteration since MAX and she's super duper duper good. Also thanks to Smash 4 I've started abusing Vanish out of shield and the results are hysterical [it lets me escape and punish Peach dair shield pressure].

ALSO, maybe not the thread for it, but I'd be a HUGE fan of a few Link nerfs and buffs in specific areas - namely, I don't like bombs KOing floaties at 100% particularly, and I feel like boomerang both has a ton of range and makes it almost braindead [it's only not braindead because it takes forever to come back]. I think nerfing the KBG on bombs to make them KO 25% later [can increase pull rate or whatever] and make boomerang startup slower would be a healthy change, instead of just re-nerfing Link's boxing game [if his jab is like frame 4 or 5 or whatever, it's fine]. As it is, Link Peach is stupidly difficult because Peach has to attack just to get through rang [or toad through it with Peach bomber], and these options leave her open to bombs [which combo at low percents and KO at high percents... Diddy Kong uair?] or zair, and these both make her start the whole thing over again.

In exchange, leaving his current jabs as they are [I think they were planned for removal, alongside a slower dtilt] would be better to make Link less "bullet hell" and more of a "Set up and go" kinda fighter, since he has a pretty solid combo game with some devastating finishers.

P.S: I get the idea of running dsmash being cool and all, but I miss DACUS and having to flick the c-stick sideways still feels really weird so I mess it up still... could we make it that you can't dsmash out of a run [but you can duck then do so... that is, crouching and hitting the c-stick does a smash attack] in order to restore the DACUS, or is that kind of a change a bit too big a mechanics change given where Minus is right now?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Since this isn't really the place to be discussing char wish list stuff, and since this topic has long since lost its purpose, I'm gonna lock it. Feel free to keep discussions like that to the main thread for char-related changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.