BRAWL MINUS DEV STREAM #2: THURSDAY AT 8PM EST/5PM PST BOOGALOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
0264fa79c6.png

It has been a bit since the dev stream, hasn't it?

How about another?

THIS THURSDAY APRIL 9TH, AT 8PM EST/5PM PST, we will be streaming our bi-monthly Skype meeting! Listen to the smooth sounds of us talking character, stage, global, and many more changes as well as answer questions that can be posted in this thread now or in the chat during the stream. Just like last time, you can catch us on our channel here: twitch.tv/brawlminus

Feel free to post any questions about the game to be answered in the stream here!

Once again,
THRUSDAY APRIL 9TH
8 PM EST/5 PM PST
twitch.tv/brawlminus

Catch you then!

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I'm so there. As long as you guys actually save the stream archives, So much high quality talk wasted.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
I'm so there. As long as you guys actually save the stream archives, So much high quality talk wasted.

Indeed. The fact that the previous stream was not archived was a bit of a bummer, but this one should be saved. That is if Twitch doesn't bug out or anything.

NEWB

Why do you guys think the turnout wasn't as large? I know there aren't many of us but how did this one compare to last one?

FR4NK

Why do you guys think the turnout wasn't as large? I know there aren't many of us but how did this one compare to last one?
Or it could be because minus is... how to put this nicely... stale.

IMHO, minus hasnt been really interesting since MAX.

@devs

You guys went on a nerfing spree, and a lot of the fun is just gone as a result.

Your also handicaping yourself by trying to be so independent..

I liked minus better back when the slogan was Break It Until Its Fixed.

The only limits your breaking now are little ones. Minus used to be crazy and flashy, now its just tame. Project M is more hype.

That kien guy should take over. At least he listens and compromises with the few fans left. He isnt afaid to take risks.

You want more fans? Make what the fans like, instead of just what you want. Your out of touch.

Bring back the crazy flashy stuff, thats what I suggest. Dont be so reserved.

ps: You probably shouldnt play completely unrelated games on official minus dev streams.

ps2: I dont like the minus artwork. Its childish.

ps3: Lavaville sucks.

Thor

Or it could be because minus is... how to put this nicely... stale.

IMHO, minus hasnt been really interesting since MAX.

@devs

You guys went on a nerfing spree, and a lot of the fun is just gone as a result.

Your also handicaping yourself by trying to be so independent..

I liked minus better back when the slogan was Break It Until Its Fixed.

The only limits your breaking now are little ones. Minus used to be crazy and flashy, now its just tame. Project M is more hype.

That kien guy should take over. At least he listens and compromises with the few fans left. He isnt afaid to take risks.

You want more fans? Make what the fans like, instead of just what you want. Your out of touch.

Bring back the crazy flashy stuff, thats what I suggest. Dont be so reserved.

ps: You probably shouldnt play completely unrelated games on official minus dev streams.

ps2: I dont like the minus artwork. Its childish.

ps3: Lavaville sucks.

I'm only commentating to say that Lavaville's not going anywhere, like it or not. I want the SEP back so that this would cease to be a problem, but I'm still unclear on if that will return or not.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'll be frank with you, FR4NK. Something about you reminds me of a spunky member we have here.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
who says spunky anymore xP and yeah, minus has been nerfed a little every release, but that always happens, the devs take something annoying out, and test something new to see if it would compensate or improve that... the hype is mostly gone because our website isn't as flashy and we don't male trailers for our new releases, and we don't do extensive universal coding on the game, like turbo modes or all star mode or loop stamina mode and stuff like that... PM has a lot of different way to play that all characters can use and that can be turned off and on any time... the closest thing we have to that is items being on or off, and almost a fourth of the cast doesn't even have a final smash that's more useful than their neutral B moves, let alone their standardly reliable moveset... it's just not as flashy as PM cause a lot of peoiple who used to work on both PM and minus moved to minus, iirc.. and that's also made progress between patches take longer since we have less man-power building the hacks, and less of the more experienced devs... at least that's how i've come to understand it, which is why i'm always puzzled by the ideal that we shouldn't use something that's in PM, since a lot of the devs for it are ex-minus, and a lot of the ideas were in melee first... things like falco's dair, i don't particularly enjoy, but it's at least something the devs were willing to use, that's originally melee, and it's not a bad direction..

Valravn

You don't have to use the Minus artwork, I think the download page includes a regular-art option.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Minus lost all hype because of the gap between every release, with little to no updates to keep the community interested. People feel left out, or like the mod just up and died.

Valravn

I admit, I've been waiting for 4.0 to really get back into it. Once 4.0 is out I plan to run it as a side event at our local weekly. (Alongside Project M and Melee as main events, and Smash 64 as an occasional side event.)

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

This was a test to see if archiving streams worked, not something that is planned to happen ever again. We also did the test before the stream so no one would walk in on it.

Valravn

Yep, happens every time I use Quick Reply, though not from the full editor. The posts go through anyway.

EDIT: Didn't happen this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.