Brawl Minus 6th Anniversary Tourney Stream: List of New Info about 4.0

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Until a more complete and/or official thread is made, let's post everything we learned about 4.0 in here.

- Waluigi will be added to the playable roster in 4.0.
- His Neutral Special will be a loud "WAA", and his Side Special will be "Waluigi Swim".
- During "Waluigi Swim", Waluigi can Dive to Meteor Smash (?) opponents.
- Waluigi will be especially good at K.O.ing foes off the top of the screen, but will be hard to control in the air.
- Waluigi is not the last character that will be added to Minus!
- Gandouken may be reverted to a more polished form of the original "Energy Ball" Gandouken!
- Luigi is getting 4 (...) Dress outfits. Four. >_>
- Elliot will be re-voicing both Master Hand and Crazy Hand. (Good luck topping the Hands' iconic original voices)
- Sonic's D-Air is still being "looked into". Sounds like video evidence of it being a OHKO at ledge-level or below is needed.

...It's late, that's all I recall at the moment. Post more, and I'll add them to this list.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Separate post for personal opinions:

If Ganondorf's original, reflectable Gandouken returns, I think it would be ideal if 'Dorf gets to use his Cape to reflect too, somehow. Perhaps Neutral B could Cancel into Cape only (by pressing A+B, etc.) before the hitbox? I liked the old "Energy Ball" 'Douken better than the "Dark Wave" (Grape Soda), and it better represents 'Dorf's character -- especially if he can "play Tennis" with it, like in the Zelda games. I'm thinking it should be a bit smaller and do less damage than it originally did, but it should still lead into combos if the opponent gets caught in it. It wasn't hard to avoid.

Not a fan of all the dress outfits for Luigi, personally. One Dress slot might be OK, but four? Too much, considering the other options Luigi has. I generally dislike the idea of costumes that make it seem like a character is pretending to be an entirely different character... If you're going to take the route Project M did, and give characters 1-4 "Special" costumes that are significantly different from their normal getups, I'd say less is more; something simpler, like Mr. L, would be better than something farther away from the original design, like Princess Luigi. Mr. L is still clearly LUIGI, whereas Princess Luigi is... Well, suffice to say, I think Luigi shouldn't have to pretend to be anyone other than himself. The poor guy's self-esteem is low enough as it is. I think all of his costume slots should say "This is a prime example of Luigi!" Not "This is Luigi when he pretended to be someone else." That's my opinion...

Looking forward to Waluigi!

Last edited:

Thor

If we get Waluigi and not Mewtwo...

>_>

There's a lot of things I could say about being upset, but I'll just say this - it would upset me and I might be tempted to not get the final build. Unless it fixes a LOT of other things.

I'm also worried about Waluigi balance, unless we look to balance around a more potent time [MAX Lucario/Falco/ROB/Sheik], given how new stuff works out [again, look at the trend from MAX - downward], but I'll just hope the devs get it mostly right the first time.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I'm super stoked for Waluigi! Very glad to see them include a completely unique character instead of taking the extremely predictable route of bringing back Mewtwo.

Also, I heavily agree with Bent about Luigi's dress outfits..not a fan..at all...i mean...I'll literally never use them. Looks like more of a joke that an individual would mod in to make fun of the character, as opposed to costume that would be included in the game's actual build.

At any rate, thanks for the new character! And I hope Minus 4.0 turns out to be great! Can't wait to play! =]

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
When do we get the 4.0 update?
If you mean 4.0 itself, it's a long way away. Couldn't even get a vague release estimate during yesterday's stream.

That's OK though...
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

If you mean more updates about what changes will be in 4.0... All we can do is wait for the stream to be uploaded, or for people to post more info from what they heard during the stream here in this thread. There were many new things mentioned, especially during the post-tourney interview with the devs. Too bad the connection was bad for several of us, myself included -- I missed hearing more than 90% of the content because of the constant buffering and dropped connections. :/

Just for fun, I'd like to make a prediction for 4.0 -- most of (if not all) the newcomers will be
PURPLE. C'mon, Mewtwo and Ridley! Mewtwo is a shoo-in, and Minus is the only Smash BIG enough to include Ridley.

Last edited:

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
4 Peach Luigi Slots? What about all the community cbliss costumes?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Happy about that. I was about to say

HOW COULD U PIN I LOVED U I LEARNED HOW TO RIMLIGHT AND SET UP BRAWLBOX POSES FOR U WHY I LOVED U WHY U DO DIS TO ME

NOOOOOO CBLISS COMP DON'T GO!
But hooray, I didn't.

666DAMAGE

"SIX SIX SIX DAMAAAAGE!!"
I'll tell you the truth man, I'm not Pat Cashman and the announcer we came up with sounds nothing like Brawl's default (even though I can do a pretty solid impression)

Minus isn't Brawl, the menus are different, the portraits are different and the announcer being different just goes hand in hand with that.

The announcer is the hands, they sound different in every game and in Minus they'll sound like Minus's announcer.

I hope everyone likes it though.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Dude, as long as you can talk loud and laugh evilly, you can do the job.