Bi-monthly developer talks

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Well I think we need this thread and the last one got locked. So I was wondering, does Bi-monthly mean twice a month or once every two months? If the latter one should have happened last week (it didn't unless I somehow missed it). I want things here only to pertain to things that were discussed in the podcast andfor the devs to post the date of the next discussion and I will not tolerate anything else. Jeez guys.

Fivavoa

Uwaaaaa~~!
Playtester
bi-weekly: once per two weeks OR twice a week
bi-monthly: once per two months OR twice a month

if you want to get into semantics, when people usually refer to "Twice in one ****", they would use "semi" instead of "bi" which refers specifically to "twice a week/month"
so if it was twice a month, Pin would've said semi
if he's just using bi-monthly to say bi-weekly or semi-monthly, then pin is bad at english and he should be punished via wet noodle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
bi-weekly: once per two weeks OR twice a week
bi-monthly: once per two months OR twice a month

if you want to get into semantics, when people usually refer to "Twice in one ****", they would use "semi" instead of "bi" which refers specifically to "twice a week/month"
so if it was twice a month, Pin would've said semi
if he's just using bi-monthly to say bi-weekly or semi-monthly, then pin is bad at english and he should be punished via wet noodle.
They did metion during the talk that they would be back in two weeks.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Unfortunately we didn't have enough to publically discuss for a full public call after two weeks. Hopefully we'll have more to share partway through April (and sadly the release date keeps getting pushed back, but one thing is just taking forever).

Glyph

I thought the point was staying more in touch with the community more so than a means to show what you'd been working on? I dunno though.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
If people are really interested in just having a livestream Q&A we can probably do those bi-monthly, but basically that's all that we would've been able to do for the last call. As there was also some stuff that we needed to talk about but aren't ready to reveal yet, we decided not to stream the last call.

NEWB

That makes sense. Brawl minus isn't in the habit of doing trailers unfortunately. If that is the case, it would be a cool idea to showcase new stuff or things in development during the streams.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
In the last streamed call we said that we have bi-monthly calls, but not all of them would be streamed. The reason this one wasn't streamed was because we needed to discuss content that isn't ready to be revealed publicly yet, so we had to do the call unstreamed. As we get closer to completion, however, more calls will be likely to be streamed.

We can do Q&A sessions more often if we have more calls like the last one, but the next call will definitely be streamed, and it will take place sometime mid-April.

I'm good at english I swear, don't bully!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
You guys should designate a publicity team that helps hype the community and keep morale up.. they make the trailers, intermediate between community's events or ideas and the devs limitations or boundaries (I.e. this team shouldn't be made of people like me who aren't sure of what's possible to put in, or what the br is thinking but should be devs who can answer those questions)

We aren't as popular because we rely a lot on loyalty, rather than reaching out, whih we don't need to do at this point, since most if us are gonna be playing whatever is in the new release (even if one aspect sucks) until it gets even better again, but new members only know tge changes made "since last time"... there's no Dragon Ball Z Kai in this series either, you just have to have been with it, or you'll never catch up xP (this is a complaint a lot of my friends have too, since there are a LOT of changes from brawl and it's my sole role to tell them what those changes are, and a lot of the changes are impossible to explain quickly enough to say why who they're picking would be fun or what moves they should try... quick vids for character changes or stage changes should be made)

Thor

We aren't as popular because we rely a lot on loyalty, rather than reaching out, whih we don't need to do at this point, since most if us are gonna be playing whatever is in the new release (even if one aspect sucks) until it gets even better again, but new members only know tge changes made "since last time"... there's no Dragon Ball Z Kai in this series either, you just have to have been with it, or you'll never catch up xP (this is a complaint a lot of my friends have too, since there are a LOT of changes from brawl and it's my sole role to tell them what those changes are, and a lot of the changes are impossible to explain quickly enough to say why who they're picking would be fun or what moves they should try... quick vids for character changes or stage changes should be made)

I still don't fully understand the cancel window for Luigi's tripping dash attack... at this point I mash R and c-stick down and he'll trip into a dsmash, but that's about all I can do with that.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
iirc, it's holding shield during dash attack to trip, then you can cancel with down smash..

and that has nothing to do with what you quoted me for, for the record