BC's 1 vs 41 Challenge

Which name for this challenge sounds better to you guys?

• Total voters

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Hey, guys. BC here with a fun little challenge I came up with for Minus while I was bored at work. XD

I was thinking about how easy a Full Roster Iron Man match is with the CPU, so I thought about how I could make it harder. And this is the result. The rules are as follows:

1. The matches will go in the format of a full roster Iron Man, meaning the first match will be Mario vs Sonic. Every character gets 1 match. The order of the matches will be posted, in case people don't understand the Iron Man order. And of course, the AI's are all lvl 9.

1. Mario vs Sonic

2. Luigi vs Snake

3. Peach vs Olimar

4. Bowser vs Pit

5. Yoshi vs ROB

6. DK vs Ice Climbers

7. Diddy vs G&W

8. Wario vs C. Falcon

9. Link vs Ike

10. Zelda vs Roy

11. Sheik vs Marth

12. Ganon vs Wolf

13. Toon Link vs Falco

14. Samus vs Fox

15. ZSS vs Meta Knight

16. Ness vs Dedede

17. Lucas vs Kirby

18. Pikachu vs Lucario

19. Jigglypuff vs Charizard

20. Pichu vs Ivysaur

21. Squirtle vs Sqirtle

22. Ivysaur vs Pichu

23. Charizard vs Jigglypuff

24. Lucario vs Pikachu

25. Kirby vs Lucas

26. Dedede vs Ness

27. Meta Knight vs ZSS

28. Fox vs Samus

29. Falco vs Toon Link

30. Wolf vs Ganon

31. Marth vs Sheik

32. Roy vs Zelda

33. Ike vs Link

34. C. Falcon vs Wario

35. G&W vs Diddy

36. Ice Climbers vs DK

37. ROB vs Yoshi

38. Pit vs Bowser

39. Olimar vs Peach

40. Snake vs Luigi

41. Sonic vs Mario

2. You have 4 stocks. The AI has the stocks of every character. If a stock is lost, it is gone the next match, like in an Iron Man match. Any stocks you lose are carried over to the next match. (ex. You have 4 stocks. Your Luigi loses a stock against the AI Dedede. You now have only 3 stocks going into the rest of your matches.)

3. Stages will be chosen randomly from the current legal stagelist. Choosing your own stages would be unfair. XD

4. To win, you must eliminate all AI stocks, while retaining your own 4 stocks through all 41 matches.

5. Lost stocks can be regained. If you win 2 consecutive matches without losing a stock, one of your lost stocks will be regained. (This rule was added after testing, as the challenge is near impossible without some kind of reward system. XD)

The purpose of this challenge is to help us all learn, at the very least, the fundamentals of each character, while learning to fight every character(even though it's only AI XD) I personally have had fun trying to get as far as I can, and I've already learned to do new things with the characters I've been able to use. Hopefully, this challenge interests you guys, and if it does, post your personal bests below!

UPDATE: Since update 4.0BC has changed the CSS order, I have changed the challenge's order to compensate. The challenge has begun anew! And don't ask about Waluigi and Mewtwo. Their AIs do nothing when offstage, so their matches would be free. Until their AI is fixed, they will NOT be included in the challenge.

Last edited:

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Eh... It just doesn't sound right to me. Plus, this name's a nice reference to a pretty good game show. :p

Brawl Minus VS

I gotta admit, this was a very fun challenge, BC. Nice thinkin'.

The following numbers are the lives started with, minus the lives lost, plus the lives potentially gained after a no-death streak, equaling the number of lives for the next round.

Round 1.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 2.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 3.) 4 - 1 = 3

Round 4.) 3 - 0 = 3

Round 5.) 3 - 0 (+ 1) = 4

Round 6.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 7.) 4 - 1 = 3

Round 8.) 3 - 1 = 2

Round 9.) 2 - 0 = 2

Round 10.) 2 - 1 = 1

This is where my mind clicks and I get in the zone

Round 11.) 1 - 0 = 1

Round 12.) 1 - 0 (+ 1) = 2

Round 13.) 2 - 0 = 2

Round 14.) 2 - 0 (+ 1) = 3

Round 15.) 3 - 0 = 3

Round 16.) 3 - 0 (+ 1) = 4 (JV5!)

Round 17.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 18.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 19.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 20.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 21.) 4 - 0 = 4 (JV5!)

Round 22.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 23.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 24.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 25.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 26.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 27.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 28.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 29.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 30.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 31.) 4 - 0 = 4 (JV5!)

Round 32.) 4 - 0 = 4 (JV5!)

Round 33.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 34.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 35.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 36.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 37.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 38.) 4 - 0 = 4 (JV5!)

Round 39.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 40.) 4 - 0 = 4

Round 41.) 4 - 0 = 4

Mission complete!

Last edited:

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Congrats to you, sir! Though, I'm gonna have to ask for some kind of video proof before I call this an official completion.

Brawl Minus VS

Congrats to you, sir! Though, I'm gonna have to ask for some kind of video proof before I call this an official completion.

I'll attempt to record it, if you want (and if my laptop has the storage for an mp4 that big), or I can just Twitch stream it. Your call, man.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Whatever works for you, man. Showing off a completed run would probably motivate everyone else to try this out, and learn the matchups.

Brawl Minus VS

Whatever works for you, man. Showing off a completed run would probably motivate everyone else to try this out, and learn the matchups.
If that's the case, I'll see if I can borrow an external hard drive and try to record it all in one run. It could take me a little to find one, but once I do, I'll try to record it.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Eh... Waluigi and Mewtwo's AI's don't even recover after they get knocked offstage. Idk if I should include them. If anything, I'll change the order in the OP.