Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Why is there a count down saying 13 hours and 24 minutes?

Because Glitch made a countdown without asking for the release date. Apologies for any misunderstandings, the real countdown will come out when the date is revealed.

As for all of us on the dev end of things, we're recooporating from the holidays, and are getting back to a faster workpace. There are even more changes to the characters listed in the last changelog (and a few not yet listed), as well as development on stages coming further along.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Also, please please please PLEASE don't remove Onett. That stage is awesome, fun, and it gives me a place to put EarthBound's Onett Theme in Brawl. Sure probably no one else supports it but I don't think it should be removed.

Thor

I think Onett has a ton of reasons to be in, but... I just don't like the stage - the size, the walkoffness (Bridge of Eldin is at least cool to me). the cars, the platforms... all of it is just really awkward to me.

That said, I would remove some other stages first over that stage, even if I can't think of any of those reasons that I'm sure exist for why the stage should be in (Besides some people liking it).

Thor

This video is a pretty good one of why Big Blue is awesome... though I want it in just because I really like Big Blue:
[I played kinda bad and I've improved some since.]

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
That's how you look IRL?

Also, I love how the commenters said that the first match was getting kinda "nerdy". Or something like that.

Thor

Like a burlier, darker haired version of Thor. I respect Thor for using Captain Fabulous too.

To be honest, I had just expected his main vs my main. Then he picked Falcon and I'm like, "Oh, this was a thing?" and he was like, "I thought?" so I did it game 1, decided money and bracket advancement > honor Falcon and beat him good, then he decided the same thing and we duked out game 3 as I'd figured the whole set would be.

Mariosonicman1

i wonder if they are gonna keep the curent version of the tipping final destination, or change it to the one that can fully flip...

Valravn

It'd be nice if the game had more neutrals and counterpicks, but I don't see a problem with having a couple 'silly' stages. Nobody's going to use Onett or Pokefloats in a melee tournament, either. (As far as I know...?) There are tons of really good stages for neutrals and counterpicks.

Neutral: Battlefield, Final Destination, Spear Pillar, Pokemon Stadium 2, Yoshi's Island, Smashville

Counterpick: Lavender Town, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld, Temple, Dream Greens, Pokemon Stadium, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Thor

I have not gone to poke floats in tournament, but I've done an entire tournament set on Big Blue.

Conclusion: Bring back Big Blue [and Norfair 3.3].