About the Level Minus AI

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Are they supposed to be better than level 9 AI? After finally getting the game to select it, they really don't come off as a threat whatsoever. Have they been affected by anything at all yet?

NEWB

How do you select it? I use the classic remote with the gc like appearance. I think it's the pro.

Smilindeth

They should be "level 16" AI if the code was done right. Should feel a bit higher than level 9. Less slip ups from them, more likely to punish a mistake. More aggressive I think.

2 ways to do it I think are:
1 + 2 + up
or:
L + R + up
While selecting the difficulty level.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I'm just going to drop this here. I think it has some use..

CPUs Don't Ignore Other CPUs to Target Humans [Magus]
04907D60 4800001C

(Not entirely sure if it works, but it was in Project M's codeset.)

NEWB

That should already be in minus. It says in the changelog that the ai no longer have human bias.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
They should be "level 16" AI if the code was done right. Should feel a bit higher than level 9. Less slip ups from them, more likely to punish a mistake. More aggressive I think.

2 ways to do it I think are:
1 + 2 + up
or:
L + R + up
While selecting the difficulty level.

I was only able to get it to work with the nunchuck combo, not the GC controller, and when I did it, it just switched to a blank area for the level, leaving just a - where the number would be. I faced that and a level 9 back to back, and there was literally no noticeable difference in their behavior (the - AI might have actually been less intelligent).

NEWB

I get it with the wiimote on its own. It's weird. They seem different, but not stronger.
Wouldnt it be easier to automatically set them to minus level? I use the classic controller that looks like a gc controller, and it don't work.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I believe that they are more "aware" of their moveset, but they still can't use it very well. Not at all a threat. Just different.

NEWB

It varies in strength from character to character I think. Play lvl minus Kirby and lvl nine Kirby. HUGE difference for me. Lvl minus Kirby sucks balls.