About jabs

NEWB

When 3.Q came out, we all noticed that some jab100 attacks that were removed in 3.5 were remapped to Z and replaced the third or final jab of that character, like captain falcon. Was he the only one?

Anyways, I've been thinking that maybe every character in minus can get this treatment. That is, everyone would have a basic jab combo and a jab to multi jab combo. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the uses of each jab types respectfully but I believe every character in minus has something to gain from this! It would give a character like game and watch a combo starter instead of always relying on approach and give every character the ability to use multi jabs to edge guard and create more mixups. I also have ideas too, so let me list some.

Mario
AAA - already exists.
AAZ - Mario twirls his cape around like in his old games. This would also hit behind him, making it useful in FFAs. Or he would do something like grounded firebrand.

Luigi
AAA - already exists.
AAZ - can be an edited version of his dash attack but stationary.

Fox
AA - already exists
AAZ - gets his rapid jab back

Link
AAA - already exists
AAZ - gets his melee one

I'm short on time, so I have to stop here. What so you guys think? I realize a character like Marth is already very complete, so maybe not every character can get one. I do think that this can a good way to buff some characters and create more interesting gameplay.

NEWB

I really don't have the slightest idea for what some characters would get though. What would D3 do? What would samus or zamus do? I figure over time, we can come up with some ideas to complete the list for each character. For instance....

Toon link
AAAAA - already exists.
AAAAZ at some point - uses animations from his sword swinging taunt. This would be more useful and safe though.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Marth- AAZ does something like an fsmash but more akin to forward tilt.

Roy should do a stab, thrust thing.

D3 does a small spin similar to dsmash but weaker and shorter range/duration

Peach does uptilt or something like it.

Pichu lays an electric mine

Pikachu shoots a thunderbolt

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I wouldn't mind seeing Meta Knight's returning, but it would probably work a bit differently since his current jab is only one strike. Maybe hold A for his classic Hit 100?

I think Kirby could have a sort of finisher to his jab if Z was pressed. Maybe an uppercut or a forward punch with a bit more range? I actually had this idea ever since I played 64, but if this was implemented, I guess it would give the feeling that we ripped-off Smash 4.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I wouldn't mind seeing Meta Knight's returning, but it would probably work a bit differently since his current jab is only one strike. Maybe hold A for his classic Hit 100?

I think Kirby could have a sort of finisher to his jab if Z was pressed. Maybe an uppercut or a forward punch with a bit more range? I actually had this idea ever since I played 64, but if this was implemented, I guess it would give the feeling that we ripped-off Smash 4.
Maybe this uppercut-kick-thing. (I don't remember what it's called)
FlimsyLeanCornsnake.gif

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Well, jabs don't traditionaly have that much range. Isn't that actually his Uair?
Decrease the range. I'm sure you can pull that move off of the Fighter Kirby PSA on the Vault.

Or leave the range and Kirby can be as good as Link.

No, upair is totally different.

NEWB

I thought that so de his jab alternates with a big puff and a small one that jab3 would just be a larger and stronger one.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I am behind this idea. I would like to see Pit's A100 return, for example.

NEWB

I just had an idea! Characters like Mario, snake, zamus, and Ike all don't have jab100 but they do have a jab1 that constantly fires when the A button is held that just links with the rest of the jab combo on hit. What if this is used as their jab100. Just make it not link with the other jabs and your good! Alternatively, these characters don't really need a jab100 since the point of jab100 is to wall and edge gaurd foes.