4.0b Ike. Giving no sympathy. Even for his friends.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
4.0b Ike... man oh man... I wasn't comfortable making the changes that I did to create him the way that he is now. I was and will always be more fond of flashy NSM finishers, the Aether one in particular. That said, his moves were tuned so that they'd still be good with the lack of special finishers. Does Ike seem okay now? He hasn't been mentioned in ages so I'll take that as a good sign.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I miss NSM sooooooo much man...

But since the Dev's won't add that back for some reason, I think Ike needs something different. IDK what, but he needs something.

Can you also make Quick-Draw jump cancelable?

Farkus

Retired
I think bringing back no sympathy mode would be awesome, we can just nerf some of the more stupid stuff, but I like the idea.

Thor

I prefer chargeable eruption to NSM quite frankly. I'm also a fan of Counte-ruption, but I know most strongly dislike that, so I'm hardly going to argue for it beyond simply stating, "Hey, I kinda liked that!"

I haven't played him much since he was changed up. Jumping out of Quickdraw on the ground would be an awesome but kinda crazy buff. I'd be down [I'm sure you're familiar with my stance on Falcon], but I'd be careful of it.

[There's a chance he could use it to catapult himself through the air based on how momentum tends to work... I doubt it would be anything crazy, but depending on how game physics respond, it might let ftilt to combo into fair at specific percents or something absurd like that.]

I know for certain I want the heal on Aether back. That was awesome and flavorful and I really think there was no good reason to remove it [it's not like it's a remotely reliable healing option]. Unless it was already added back and I just didn't notice, then... cool!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I know for certain I want the heal on Aether back. That was awesome and flavorful and I really think there was no good reason to remove it [it's not like it's a remotely reliable healing option]. Unless it was already added back and I just didn't notice, then... cool!

We never removed the heal on Aether.

Thor

We never removed the heal on Aether.

I think what happened was the heal on Aether was moved to only occurring in NSM. If it was reverted back to normal with the removal of NSM, then it's fine, but for some reason I seem to recall it vanishing altogether.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I like Ike as he is. As much as I was fond of NSM it was flashy unnecessarily. Ike himself isn't about flashiness to begin with so I found it uncharacteristic. I do think that one should be able to use specials out of quickdraw, especially eruption, as it is currently only possible to do so if the quickdraw is used from the air. A jump-cancel would be nice but it may be a bit over the top if you ask me. I think Ike now is perfect as he is, albeit rather boring to watch. I do miss the elfire on his sword swings during NSM, because it was incredibly useful in mindgames, and could even hit below a part of FD if one landed correctly using Fair.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
So... Is anyone against adding NSM back?

I'm against NSM. Ike hits hard enough as is. He doesn't need anything else to increase power.

Jump cancelled Quickdraw would be nice though. He really struggles in MUs against characters with spammable projectiles. I played an Olimar in bracket last week and played Ike. I lost the 1st game due to silly mistakes because Ike's not my main, but I rekt him in the 2nd match. I then banned FD and PS2, and he chose Spear Pillar and counter picked Falco. Once he got the slow lasers, it was HELL and I got 2-stocked. So I think giving Ike an extra movement option may help him with mixing up his approach to get in projectile characters.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I'm against NSM. Ike hits hard enough as is. He doesn't need anything else to increase power.

Jump cancelled Quickdraw would be nice though. He really struggles in MUs against characters with spammable projectiles. I played an Olimar in bracket last week and played Ike. I lost the 1st game due to silly mistakes because Ike's not my main, but I rekt him in the 2nd match. I then banned FD and PS2, and he chose Spear Pillar and counter picked Falco. Once he got the slow lasers, it was HELL and I got 2-stocked. So I think giving Ike an extra movement option may help him with mixing up his approach to get in projectile characters.
I would definitely rather see JC'able QD than the return of NSM.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Anyone else miss Ikecopter (Up Air) going as high as it did before the gravity increase?

If that wasn't intentionally Nerfed, I suggest we add some upwards momentum to it, to replicate the old functionality.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Anyone else miss Ikecopter (Up Air) going as high as it did before the gravity increase?

If that wasn't intentionally Nerfed, I suggest we add some upwards momentum to it, to replicate the old functionality.

I've seen videos. Would definitely love to have that option again. If they put any work into Ike buffs though, I want to see jc Quickdraw about anything else. Would add so much utility and mixup options to his moveset. But if we can get that AND the old Ikecopter, I'm all for it. Bowser, Ike, and Yoshi are my main 3 now. So I'll take all I can get, haha.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I agree that JC-QD would be preferable to NSM. Though I think that to have that in combination with Ike's old Ikecopter might be a bit much.

Thor

I think Ike-copter was nerfed, then the gravity increase nerfed it again. Not necessary in my opinion, it's not like Ike was top tier, he just hits hard [maybe he was really really good in FFAs or teams or something?]

I'd like the copter to be strong enough to halt his downwards momentum at least once. Why? Because currently, if he starts charging Eruption as he falls offstage, he has no reliable way to survive.

After a second or so, he can cancel Eruption into a dodge or an aerial, but by that point, he's already fallen a ways and picked up speed. Since none of those options cancel his momentum, he's likely to die before they end. Even if he survives, he won't be able to recover unless the stage has a wall.

Buffing his up-air would give him an option to cancel Eruption and his momentum at the same time. I'm not asking for the return of "Ike can recover from literally anywhere," I just want something better than what we have now.

Farkus

Retired
Ike copter will already be better in that automatically because of the decrease in gravity.