So I fought a Minus King Dedede

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
For the first time...
Wasn't good, guys. Wasn't good.
That is all.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
My first Dedede battle in a nutshell right there.

I find Dedede battles to be the really fun now, though. Maybe it's just because I always fight him on Halberd with Masked Dedede playing, idk

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I was fighting on Lylat. He had the perfect setup. Two minions on the middle platform and two minions below it. He was on the ground to the left of them, and I (Pit) was on the left.
It was the hardest game of Frogger ever.

EDIT: I was on the right. Not the left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

As Pit, you should shoot a lot of arrows into him and the Waddles (knock them off the platform), and you should also be able to sliding fsmash through them (I think...). You could also use aerials to hit them away.

For what it's worth, I think Sheik does a little better against Dedede.

My first Dedede battle ever was with Ike (Which is already gross) in MAX 1.01. I took 120% on first stock before landing a hit, but that first hit was Countering a partially charged sweetspot fsmash, that I then used Eruption on him for an 80+% combo that was a zero-death.

MAX Ike was great.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Whose DDD did you fight, Thor? That's another character no one I know plays as.

MAX Ike was great.
3.Q Ike is really good, though. I just wish that...

- Ike could store Eruption again, without it being affected by No Sympathy Mode at all.
- Flourish of No Sympathy would link better.
- Aetherial Eruption would get more power and/or less self-damage.
- All of Ike's fire GFX would be recolored blue.

Thor

It was Ferreous Faucet, though I don't think he's a Dedede main per se.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I was fighting a person who called themselves: TheOneAndTrueGod. In battle tag: TOTG.
I don't know where he came from, but he was in the chat yesterday.

Vauss

I was fighting a person who called themselves: TheOneAndTrueGod. In battle tag: TOTG.
I don't know where he came from, but he was in the chat yesterday.

I brought him along. He's been my minus partner ever since I started playing way back in 1.5 or so. He mains DDD, Lucario and Zelda

Glyph

That is a scary list of mains. I'd really like to play his d3, very curious to see how his playstyle differs from my group's player.

Vauss

That is a scary list of mains. I'd really like to play his d3, very curious to see how his playstyle differs from my group's player.

I'm sure you'll get your chance soon. I've a feeling we'll both be frequenting the chat room from now on, now that there's a good way to play online against internet strangers

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'm interested as well.

Thor

If he wants to make the list downright terrifying, tell him to add ROB to it...

I probably need my sort-of dual-main Falco and Sheik to have a decent chance against him in tournament (or else make my Pikachu/MK significantly more up to snuff) [or else just win the Falco/Lucario and Falco/Dedede MUs, which may be as good as even for Falco, though I doubt it].