Report all character bugs here.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
In 3.Q there has been a lot of focus placed on balance and other subtle changes. Though it started as a bugfix update I'm sure there is something that we may have missed. Whatever you find, let us know. Please don't mention bugs from pre 3.Q unless you have tested to see that they are still relevant.

Please keep this list to character specific bugs, as stage or music related issues are not in the power of the PSAers to fix.

Currently Documented Bugs

Link
Ending Blow- sometimes having no hitbox
Back Slice- Left eye disappears, no facial expression

Zelda
Dtilt- Gfx doesn't match up to hitbox on slopes.

Currently Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
We've found a bug that would likely crash any match with pichu in it at all. It has been resolved

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I don't know why it isn't either. And it doesn't even connect properly on Bowser.

Also, selecting Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard has an odd bug in it. Once a match ends, it randomly puts the character curser onto another character when going back to the select screen, usually TL.

Smilindeth

Donkey Kong's barrel glitch. Down-B exactly upon landing and he has the barrel stuck to his shoulders, and he can run around and attack normally, then randomly chuck the barrel using Z. (Or drop it and hurt himself with a new barrel pull) Have yet to see what happens if someone grabs him while it is happening.

Gold_TSG

Ike's windboxes on fair are causing issues with KOing. If he hits with fair and lands immediately after it results in them simply landing back on the ground instead of being knocked away. This is extremely counter-productive to how he should be playing.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
ZSS has a hard time grabbing Pichu. She must hit it with the tip of her whip to land the grab.

A lot of characters can hit Pichu with direct electric-element attacks and not receive any damage from Static.

Pichu's feet often appear unattached to his body.

A lot of the in-battle character portraits are still the wrong color, or just display a number instead of a portrait.

Not really a bug, but an easy improvement to Mario's CPU AI:
He currently only uses the first half of his Up-B. NEWB made a simple fix for this a while back.

Gold_TSG

Pichu needs to be about the size of olimar for it to work right against others. Over half the moves most characters use can't hit pichu properly. Even a basic jab from dorf, or his punch can't hit pichu in a standing position.

Gold_TSG

Found a bug with Samus, but I don't know exactly what caused the crash. I was playing against Dorf on FD, and I used a combo on him consisting if Fair, Nair, Nair, and finished with an air grapple beam, which caused the game to crash suddenly.

CaptainEllipsis

Graphic/Character Designer
Diddy:
sometimes he can't do his up B, even grounded (I think his bit variable doesn't clear on landing)
Also, (more often), when he does his up-B, he's unable to cancel it at all.
After doing side-B, he's unable to do his up B without cancelling the "monkey flip fall" with an A-move.
-he CAN perform his side-B out of up-B fine though.

Gold_TSG

I went through Classic with Marth and the game froze when it got to the hands... Why?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I'll be updating the OP regularly with fixes as I take care of them so if something was bothering you, check back every now and then. More often than not I'll reply if I fix something as well.

NEWB

Roy is able to normally shield out of his neutral b while charging. If he starts charging in the air and lands while still charging, he can't shield out of it any more.

Sonic still has a bug where.....

Do upb, charge downb and land, release downb, use A or whatever to do the attack that leaps into the air, sonic is spinning after the attack. His upb and jump doesn't refresh. I was told that this was an easy fix and that it was fixed, but it never got implemented it seems.

NEWB

I think the game freezes when choosing pichu via random. I get freezes when I use random characters rarely.

Also, one player modes don't really work, huh?

Gold_TSG

Samus zair still causes freezes.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
On a different note, devs, please include NEWB's fix to Mario's CPU AI in the next update; CPU Marios won't use the second part of his Up-B without it. A lot of CPU characters don't use their Minus recoveries very well, actually...

ai_Mario.pac

Source: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/threads/maxing-the-ai.6704/
NEWB said:
Seeing as how the devs are busy with all the betas right now, I'm taking it upon myself to try and improve the AI. Since all of the movesets are not finalized, (and since I'm still learning how to write the AI) I will be focusing on improving each characters recovery. I don't know about you guys, but I hate when I finish my food before I'm done with it

So to start, here is the current Mario beta. The AI now uses the second up b properly.

You can apply this to any Mario to have the same effect. You need to use brawlbox to replace ai_mario.pac with it. Should be easy to find.

NOTE: Adding ai_fighter.pac to other pacs don't change the moveset! This only changes AI behavior. This will not make vMario use two up b.

This is all I have presently. Will update this post when more comes in. Credit goes to Bero for help and support.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
- Pichu's lower jaw caves in when it uses its "Roll around on the ground" taunt.
- Pichu's ears become detached from their bases (which become visible as two holes) when it grabs.

Can you do something about Snake's turbo fist pump after every Nikita missile fired?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Currently in the process of doing Pichu overhauls or whatever. I'll look into Snake to see what you're talking about.

Thor

I think the turbo fist pump is awesome, but what do I know?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I think the turbo fist pump is awesome, but what do I know?
I think the animation would look smoother without it. In vBrawl, Snake only did the fist pump if he hit his target with the Nikita missile; he had a different "disappointed" animation for when he missed or cancelled it. Now that Snake can cancel out of the move so early, a hit/miss reaction animation isn't possible.

NEWB

And it always defaults to the hit animation, the fist pump? If it lowers the endlag of the move, I agree. It would look smoother without it. Unless the devs wanted it to function that way, but I sort of doubt it in this instance.

?0123456789?

De we ever find out what/who was causing the game to crash when selecting RANDOM at the CSS and trying to start a match occasionally?

EDIT: Also, is there going to be a small patch release that will fix the resolved bugs or will we have to wait until the next big release?

Gold_TSG

Left this in the BR, but saying it here as well just in case.

Rob and Pichu have a bug in conjunction with Bowser's side B. No matter the situation, they cannot be grounded (AI, controlled, 0-999%).