Game Freezes on startup

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
when I try to load 3.3 hacklessly, the game freezes when the screen shows "brawlminus.tk"

how do i fix eeeeetttt?

Lightning

Ikesexual
As of right now, there really isn't a solution, but the Minus Team is looking into it.

A quick fix that works for me: press a or the start button as soon as it twinkles when it has Brawl Minus Max 3.3 show up.
The goal is not to be too fast and yet not too slow.

Hope this helps in any way. :)

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Actually I did some digging and it seems to be fixed because I JUST NOW did that weird Zelda file change.

MMIsTheFreak

I seem to be having the same issue, it'll freeze on the main screen as its booting. I'm going through homebrew/gecko. I tried the tap a during the twinkle and it got me passed it but it froze directly after when the brawlminus.tk pops up. Any idea on a fix? Also what's the zelda file change? Maybe that'll help.

Other Aether

Mediator
I seem to be having the same issue, it'll freeze on the main screen as its booting. I'm going through homebrew/gecko. I tried the tap a during the twinkle and it got me passed it but it froze directly after when the brawlminus.tk pops up. Any idea on a fix? Also what's the zelda file change? Maybe that'll help.
Delete her FitZeldaMotionEtc from pf\fighter\zelda, I think

MMIsTheFreak

Doesn't seem to have that file in the folder anyways. Any other fixes anyone knows of? Maybe my os isn't on the right one? :/ I'm still playing 1.5 and I really wanna try 3.3!

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Perhaps use the old StrapEn.pac file.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I must be loading through a very strange method, because I have had this problem once. Only once. I changed nothing between success, failure, and success. I play through USBLoader or Riivolution, and perhaps my opinion is null because I don't play hacklessly, but I think the problem is with the StrapEn.pac file because, if I remember correctly, the Minus Max one never did this.

jdr112

I have a similar problem, i use gecko and every time i try starting minus the game freezes when it says "maximizing", Any Ideas?

Lightning

Ikesexual
I have a similar problem, i use gecko and every time i try starting minus the game freezes when it says "maximizing", Any Ideas?
Have you tried the above methods? Maybe one will work for you.

jdr112

i tried pressing A when the sparkle appears and nothing happens, however, the other methods might work, i'll check

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
If any of you are using SD cards with a little switch on it that locks them, switch it to lock when you load up. It SHOULD stop the freezing, and once you get to the main menu, take the card out and switch it back to unlock.

jdr112

If any of you are using SD cards with a little switch on it that locks them, switch it to lock when you load up. It SHOULD stop the freezing, and once you get to the main menu, take the card out and switch it back to unlock.
that breaks the game

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Works fine for me. Maybe you're using a different type of card, or method of loading.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I use gecko, and when i did the trick, all that worked was the main menu
Some questions:
Are you using any modifications to the game?
Are you using an SD card larger than 2 GB?
Have you tried the new launcher, Minima Launcher? (Or however it's spelled..)

NEWB

I am currently loading through pm launcher or through minima launcher. Both ways worked for me. And my friend uses gecko to play and has no issues. My sd is 4gig so I can't use gecko anymore.

But my build freezes when I try playing with random characters. Why is that?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I am currently loading through pm launcher or through minima launcher. Both ways worked for me. And my friend uses gecko to play and has no issues. My sd is 4gig so I can't use gecko anymore.

But my build freezes when I try playing with random characters. Why is that?
because the game tries to select the random as a character

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Could it be a change in the download between the time they got it and the time we did?

Thor

My random character select actually doesn't work either (it sometimes freezes), the freeze is just very VERY infrequent. As of now then, I don't know if my random stage select actually crashes the game or if that's random because I can't remember if I've ever seen it crash while playing with not random characters only.