Yoshi's Best Move! (aka silly Yoshi easter egg)

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Sooo....I accidentally stumbled across an Easter egg in found Yoshi's up taunt and I figured this should be documented somewhere. It does 1% damage once the animation finishes and as far as I'm aware, there's nothing else to it.

giphy.gif

I dunno why the devs put this in. Maybe it's a reference to something. I don't know.
If the devs have a problem with me posting this here, I'll be more than willing to remove it. I just figured we'd document some of the character specific quirks somewhere for new players to find. Anyways. Ciao! :nesmk:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Pretty sure this move has one of the biggest hitboxes in the game. Yoshi is broken pls nerf
I always thought of it as Yoshi simply being too happy for the universe to control, and there's too much positive energy for everyone to handle.

Last edited:

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Can this be shielded? Or is it unblockable?
It ignores shields, even all encompassing ones like Jigglypuff's or Yoshi's.

Luckily, it can't get past heavy armor.
Well, it can't overcome super armor.
It can't go through the Warlock Punch...

Nevermind, I was WRONG! I goes through literally EVERYTHING!! The only thing I know that can clank with the taunt are moves that make a character have the "Invincibility" property. The kind of property you have when you first leave the respawn platform or obtain the Starman item. Ganondorf is the only character I know of that has Invincibility in the form of his down taunt. Other than that:

It goes through fully charged Eruption
Luigi's Down Taunt armor
Mario's Up taunt armor
Yoshi's Egg Shield
Jigglypuff's Shield at max size
and Sonic's Insta-Shield (aka his Nair invincibility)
I've test it. I've TASed every possible frame that Nair is active to see if it would clank with Yoshi's taunt. It doesn't matter what you do. See what I did there?
Sonic will always take 1% damage.

What have I done......

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Regarding invincibility frames, now I'm curious if the Fire Emblem characters' counters could dodge Yoshi's utaunt. I know that they can be used to dodge, say, vBrawl Marth's final smash, but perhaps Yoshi has the the most powerful critical hit of all.

Another fun fact: this taunt sets off Snake's down smash.

I just wish it would deal damage to someone who went off the top. It would be a great way to add insult to injury.

Thor

It ignores shields, even all encompassing ones like Jigglypuff's or Yoshi's.

Luckily, it can't get past heavy armor.
Well, it can't overcome super armor.
It can't go through the Warlock Punch...

Nevermind, I was WRONG! I goes through literally EVERYTHING!! The only thing I know that can clank with the taunt are moves that make a character have the "Invincibility" property. The kind of property you have when you first leave the respawn platform or obtain the Starman item. Ganondorf is the only character I know of that has Invincibility in the form of his down taunt. Other than that:

It goes through fully charged Eruption
Luigi's Down Taunt armor
Mario's Up taunt armor
Yoshi's Egg Shield
Jigglypuff's Shield at max size
and Sonic's Insta-Shield (aka his Nair invincibility)
I've test it. I've TASed every possible frame that Nair is active to see if it would clank with Yoshi's taunt. It doesn't matter what you do. See what I did there?
Sonic will always take 1% damage.

What have I done......

A) I thought Luigi's dtaunt was invincible, not armored...
B) Does it go through Falcon Punch invulnerability? Sheik Vanish? Zelda teleport? MK Cape? Mewtwo up+b? Mario's up+b invulnerability [assuming it's still there]? (Other teleports/shoryuken-style moves I'm forgetting?)
C) It makes sense that Ganondorf can avoid it, he IS the king (lord? whatever) of evil after all...

I just wish it would deal damage to someone who went off the top. It would be a great way to add insult to injury.

I'm imagining DK doing his taunt as he dies off the top and Yoshi dinging him 1% for it now... LOL

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Regarding invincibility frames, now I'm curious if the Fire Emblem characters' counters could dodge Yoshi's utaunt. I know that they can be used to dodge, say, vBrawl Marth's final smash, but perhaps Yoshi has the the most powerful critical hit of all.
I've tried counters too. Yoshi's up taunts isn't the type of attack that causes flinching. It's acts like a status ailment, if that makes any sense.

*makes devilish grin towards fantasyDinosaur *

A) I thought Luigi's dtaunt was invincible, not armored...
B) Does it go through Falcon Punch invulnerability? Sheik Vanish? Zelda teleport? MK Cape? Mewtwo up+b? Mario's up+b invulnerability [assuming it's still there]? (Other teleports/shoryuken-style moves I'm forgetting?)

A.) I thought so too. I even slowed the game down in training mode and tried it and it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong. I don't know.
B.) Oh....yeah....you see I could TAS all of those things, but I got errands to run. You know how it is.
It's not like I'm trying to stall so I don't have to go through the struggle of testing out every individual frame of animation to see if it works or anything.
But I can gives some estimated guesses!
Falcon Punch doesn't have invulnerability iirc
Sheik Vanish: Since she turns invisible and becomes intangible, then it probably means he's invulnerable.
MK Cape, same thing
Mewtwo Up B: uuhhh... i guess? He does become invisible so by transitive property he might be able to avoid it.
Mario's up b invulnerability: I don't think this exists iirc.

tl;dr invisibility = invulnerability so....maybe they can avoid the move. :nesmk:

Thor

I've tried counters too. Yoshi's up taunts isn't the type of attack that causes flinching. It's acts like a status ailment, if that makes any sense.

*makes devilish grin towards fantasyDinosaur *

A.) I thought so too. I even slowed the game down in training mode and tried it and it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong. I don't know.
B.) Oh....yeah....you see I could TAS all of those things, but I got errands to run. You know how it is.
It's not like I'm trying to stall so I don't have to go through the struggle of testing out every individual frame of animation to see if it works or anything.
But I can gives some estimated guesses!
Falcon Punch doesn't have invulnerability iirc
Sheik Vanish: Since she turns invisible and becomes intangible, then it probably means he's invulnerable.
MK Cape, same thing
Mewtwo Up B: uuhhh... i guess? He does become invisible so by transitive property he might be able to avoid it.
Mario's up b invulnerability: I don't think this exists iirc.

tl;dr invisibility = invulnerability so....maybe they can avoid the move. :nesmk:
Was purely curious, don't feel pressured to TAS it out lol. Thanks for the info!