Brawl Minus 4.0bc Bug Report Thread

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
New version of Minus, new Bug Report Thread. Either I or a Mod can update this first post as necessary. Show me ya Bugs!

Pin Clock here, hijacking this post -- I'm gonna update it (alongside Bent, hopefully!) with confirmed bugs.
I also encourage everyone to look at The Bug List from 4.0b and see if any of those are still there. Some bugs can be elusive!

Brawl Minus 4.0bc Reported Bugs

General

NONE

Character

:ivysaur:Ivysaur:
---
Ivysaur's Final Smash, Solar Beam, will pass through foes harmlessly if they are very far away.
---

:link:Link:
---
- Link's left eye still disappears while he performs Back Slice.
3QagE74.jpg
KGdScsa.jpg
---

:m2:Mewtwo:
---
-Walljumping out of teleport causes Mewtwo to stay invisible until he either gets hit or lands
Pin Clock: This is due to an oversight and not putting a visibility check on his walljump/wallcling animation. Oops.
---

:pikachu:Pikachu:
---
A fully-charged Skull Bash will go right through an opponent standing right beside Pikachu, without affecting the target at all. The hitbox does not come out soon enough when Pikachu shoots forward that fast -- it can hit foes point-blank if it's not fully-charged.
---

:roy:Roy:
---
- Awakening-Style Roy claps holding his sword in his lose animation. His sword should be put away.
---
- Roy's face no longer glitches out during aerial Side B, but now his right upper arm does.
MtG3ktM.jpg
9Eg9HX3.jpg
---

:waluigi:Waluigi:
---
- Waluigi's voice is too quiet in-game, and his victory animations have no sound at all.
---

:zelda:Zelda:
---
Only the aerial hitbox of Farore's Wind received the 4.0BC Growth Buff; the grounded hitbox is still weak.
---

:zss:Zero Suit Samus:
---
Her Final Smash is broken and doesn't work (can't finish)
---

Stage

---
Lavender Town - Pichu, Roy, and Waluigi are quiet.
Pin Clock: While we don't know exactly why this behavior only happens on Lavender Town, we do know that it is because their Audio comes from characters in the Subspace Emissary.
---

Last edited:

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
Spawned as R.O.B. used side b and died immeadiately momentum was insane haven't tried replicating don't remember who it was against but it was on Warioware.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I believe Lavendar Town causes Pichu, Roy, and Waluigi to have very quiet sfx. I can't tell if Mewtwo is affected, however. His voice is always pretty quiet.

Darxmarx

Choosing Green G&W on the CSS loads the yellow costume in-battle, and choosing the yellow CSP loads the green costume. However, the stock icons on the CSS, SSS, and results screen all properly represent the costume loaded in-battle.

Spawn_32

I think I cancelled teleport into walljump before it activated the remove invisibility code so I stayed invisible until Mewtwo landed
And I don't know if this is just bot behavior but he's not taking ANY shield damage from Mewtwo's charging shadow ball hitbox.
It seems he's perfect-shielding it everytime but I don't know if it's automatic due to how quick the hitbox is or if it's CPU having impossible reactions
EDIT: Ignore the voice in the 2nd one my b

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I played a Waluigi VS Mewtwo Versus match today, and would like to note:

- Mewtwo's Level 9 CPU AI seemed to not know how to recover on Final Destination. Wasn't a problem in Training Mode.
- What's up with Waluigi's Final Smash? Is it unfinished? It's really hard to land since Waluigi jumps up, and it only does 15% or 45% damage.

Last edited:

Xaxidoro

That-one-guy-only-using-Touhou-models
Mewtwo's Level 9 CPU AI seemed to not know how to recover on Final Destination. Wasn't a problem in Training Mode.

I don't believe it's exclusive to level 9 either. I've tried other levels and Mewtwo never recovers.

As for Waluigi's Smash attack, I've only been able to even hurt people with it while already mid-air (since he doesn't jump when he's already mid-air), and even then the hitbox is very unforgiving.

Jeffrey

Just an fyi, 2-player Multi-Man Brawl is still completely broken.

Attempting to start a 2-player match causes the entire game to hang and crash. This issue was also present with 4.0b.

MLCrafter

All-Star is just broken. Everything works fine... until the Pokémon stage. What crashed my game was a character that said Green Alloy on its name tag, that had Wario's picture, and it was crazy. Pikachu was fine, but the "Green Alloy" crashed my game so hard that I had to unplug the power cable to my Wii. Please fix this. I like All-Star mode :(

Darxmarx

Just decided to test MLCrafter's reported bug out, and it's definitely weird. While I did not experience a crash, the G. Alloy Tag with Pikachu's BP did show up, and I was stuck fighting infinite Charizards.
Does this have to do with the Pokemon Trainer Pokemon being independent? In vBrawl All-Star mode, Red sends out his next Pokemon until you defeat them all, and this is now impossible to do in Minus.

MLCrafter

I found a random crash (crash that you have to unplug the power cable in order to unfreeze) with Pichu on MMB, even though I had done MMB with Pichu without crashing. Weird...

NOTE: Both of the crashes happened on a hackless version that used Letterbomb to launch the PM Launcher, to then launch Brawl Minus.

Thor

You likely used bAir right away. This is a feature.

ROB dash was re-added???

Came to report the powershield thing but it seems to be addressed... from what I heard it's when you powershield one hit that you chain powershields [the way ESAM described Smash 4 autoshielding or whatever], and both Lucario and Mewtwo can set it off.

Stormghetti

Hero of Time
My brother and I went to Delfino Plaza (I was Bowser, he was Samus) and the game crashed as soon as he used Samus' Z-Air.

I have no idea if this has happened in earlier versions or not, or whether it was Samus or Bowser the one that crashed the game.

Last edited:

Darxmarx

My brother and I went to Delfino Plaza (I was Bowser, he was Samus) and the game crashed as soon as he used Samus' Z-Air.

I have no idea if this has happened in earlier versions or not, or whether it was Samus or Bowser the one that crashed the game.
I also experience this issue sometimes, and I've seen reports of others as well on the Discord. Samus' zair is most definitely the issue. My best guess is that it has to do with hitboxes trying but failing to load, but I might be completely wrong about this.
I believe this issue was present in 4.0b, but I can't remember if it was anywhere before that.

Stormghetti

Hero of Time
I also experience this issue sometimes, and I've seen reports of others as well on the Discord. Samus' zair is most definitely the issue. My best guess is that it has to do with hitboxes trying but failing to load, but I might be completely wrong about this.
I believe this issue was present in 4.0b, but I can't remember if it was anywhere before that.
I see. It seems some bugs that have been reported are very silly.

baltarc

Not sure this would qualify as a bug per se, but there's some sort of issue with the .zip downloads that prevents Windows from extracting them, requiring users to extract the files using 7zip or another program. This should be looked into for the next release.