Art Dumpyard

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I made this at school.
image.jpeg

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So... do any of you guys doodle, draw and stuff for fun?
I used to, but I lost the passion for it years ago. I stopped because -- while I guess I was pretty good -- I didn't feel very creative. Most of my work was just drawing from photographs, so I felt like a "human copy machine". My medium of choice, mechanical pencil, didn't help -- it took so long to finish even small drawings with those. In retrospect, I should have worked more on my creativity than my talent for detail...

It's kinda sad that one meaning of my username (Bent) literally means "a natural talent or inclination", but I don't use that talent anymore.

Maybe I'll give art another shot someday. But for now, it seems like it wouldn't be a useful skill for me to work on.

Here's the last (good) thing I drew years ago, for a friend of a friend: A portrait of Doc Holliday. Reference image here.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I remember wanting to make my own minus portraits, but the material I drew was on paper, so I had to take a picture of it and trace the lines in MS Paint. It didn't work out well. I still sorta wish I could've been able to easily trace them.
I used to, but I lost the passion for it years ago. I stopped because -- while I guess I was pretty good -- I didn't feel very creative. Most of my work was just drawing from photographs, so I felt like a "human copy machine". My medium of choice, mechanical pencil, didn't help -- it took so long to finish even small drawings with those. In retrospect, I should have worked more on my creativity than my talent for detail...

It's kinda sad that one meaning of my username (Bent) literally means "a natural talent or inclination", but I don't use that talent anymore.

Maybe I'll give art another shot someday. But for now, it seems like it wouldn't be a useful skill for me to work on.

Here's the last (good) thing I drew years ago, for a friend of a friend: A portrait of Doc Holliday. Reference image here.
That's pretty good.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I remember wanting to make my own minus portraits, but the material I drew was on paper, so I had to take a picture of it and trace the lines in MS Paint. It didn't work out well. I still sorta wish I could've been able to easily trace them.
Let me guess, you tried tracing the lines with a mouse? A pen input works much better.

That's pretty good.
Thanks.