Is there an "Official" Tier list for Brawl Minus 4.0B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YershiBear

The Dong-in-Training
And when I say "Official," I mean the tier list made by mods. The community's thoughts are also OK. I think that Dedede, Sonic, and Meta Knight are currently in Top-Tier territory, while Luigi and Mario are mid-top-tier. I really haven't played with many other characters outside of those and G&W (who I haven't played with as much as Dedede, Sonic, MK, and Luigi), but I would say that Pichu is also top / mid-top-tier tier since he's, A, so TINY, and B, MUCH more powerful than he was in Melee.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
An official tier list has not been made, unfortunately. The community tier list isn't good, and we all know that. XD

YershiBear

The Dong-in-Training
An official tier list has not been made, unfortunately. The community tier list isn't good, and we all know that. XD

Welp, riparoni. I guess the Brawl Minus tier list is up for massive debate then. XD

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Well, as one of the better players on here, I think I have a good idea on what the tier list should be. It's at least a lot better than the community one. XD

Rejnka

Certified All-Natural Pinkan Berry Saleschu
Well, as one of the better players on here, I think I have a good idea on what the tier list should be. It's at least a lot better than the community one. XD
Would you mind sharing?

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Uhh... sure. If you really want me to. XD

S: Dedede, Lucario, Wario
A+: Ivysaur, Falco, DK, Fox, Meta Knight
A: Squirtle, Yoshi, Pikachu, ZSS, Olimar, Wolf
A-: Pichu, Captain Falcon, Marth, Samus, Snake, Game & Watch, Sonic
B+: Toon Link, Peach, Pit, Luigi, Kirby, Sheik, Diddy Kong, ROB, Zelda
B: Link, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Mario, Lucas, Ike, Charizard
Bottom Tier: Bowser, Ness, Roy, Ice Climbers

This is purely my opinion, but it probably looks better than the community tier list. Maybe... XD

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Is this 3.5 thread the most recent in-depth, multiple-page Tier List discussion we've had on this forum?

The only discussions I'm seeing for 3.Q and 4.0b are tiny in comparison...

http://brawlminus.net/forums/threads/brawl-minus-community-tier-list-round-2-results.975/
http://brawlminus.net/forums/threads/december-2015-community-tier-list-results-and-emoticons.873/
http://brawlminus.net/forums/threads/4-0b-community-tier-list.838/

Forum activity has really slacked off... Where'd Thor get off to? Haven't seen NEWB in ages, either. Still hanging around, Gold_TSG?

Glyph and Kien were great for discussions too. :(

Last edited:

Thor

Is this 3.5 thread the most recent in-depth, multiple-page Tier List discussion we've had on this forum?

The only discussions I'm seeing for 3.Q and 4.0b are tiny in comparison...

http://brawlminus.net/forums/threads/brawl-minus-community-tier-list-round-2-results.975/
http://brawlminus.net/forums/threads/december-2015-community-tier-list-results-and-emoticons.873/
http://brawlminus.net/forums/threads/4-0b-community-tier-list.838/

Forum activity has really slacked off... Where'd Thor get off to? Haven't seen NEWB in ages, either. Still hanging around, Gold_TSG?

Glyph and Kien were great for discussions too. :(

My computer hinge broke recently, so that I could use it way less [had to be careful and get a replacement and stuff], so that I was online and therefore likely to check Minus way less. That, plus summer vacation nearing an end and having some video games I wanted to play/finish meant I was online a lot less [except Facebook because that works well on mobile, which I was still on less (a good thing probably >_>)].

I for one would probably like to hold off on a list until 4.0f because of how stuff might shake up... I had a list lying around somewhere but I'm not sure where it is. I think Fox belongs in S on BC's list, and am unsure of why Roy is so low and Wario is so high [but not against those placings]... otherwise it looks pretty good [expect Sheik to move up when her recovery is fixed though].

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Everyone in B+ and B tier I wasn't sure how to order., so there may be some inconsistencies.

Thor Roy is bottom tier purely for his horrible recovery. Wario's top tier because how easily he can win games with nothing but his Bair. I've never believed Fox to be S tier, as he has a major weakness in his recovery. Tbh, Ivy's more deserving of S tier than Fox in the current patch.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
My computer hinge broke recently, so that I could use it way less [had to be careful and get a replacement and stuff], so that I was online and therefore likely to check Minus way less. That, plus summer vacation nearing an end and having some video games I wanted to play/finish meant I was online a lot less [except Facebook because that works well on mobile, which I was still on less (a good thing probably >_>)].

I for one would probably like to hold off on a list until 4.0f because of how stuff might shake up... I had a list lying around somewhere but I'm not sure where it is. I think Fox belongs in S on BC's list, and am unsure of why Roy is so low and Wario is so high [but not against those placings]... otherwise it looks pretty good [expect Sheik to move up when her recovery is fixed though].
Wario players won several Netplay tournaments but I don't think he's S tier either. I would move everyone in bottom tier up, as well as Fox, Peach, Sonic, TL, Puff, Luigi and Mario.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Alright, revamped the list, as the first one was made in a bit of a rush, and while I wasn't fully awake. XD

S: Dedede, Lucario, Fox
A+: Ivysaur, Falco, DK, Wario, Meta Knight
A: Squirtle, Yoshi, Pikachu, ZSS, Olimar, Wolf
A-: Pichu, Captain Falcon, Marth, Samus, Sonic, Luigi, Toon Link, Peach
B+: Snake, Pit, Game & Watch, Kirby, Sheik, Mario, Diddy Kong, Jigglypuff
B: Zelda, Link, ROB, Ganondorf, Roy, Ike, Lucas, Ness
Bottom Tier: Bowser, Charizard, Ice Climbers

Rejnka

Certified All-Natural Pinkan Berry Saleschu
gotta love how Bottom Tier is literally B-. we're more balanced than Smash 64 guise

Thor

Everyone in B+ and B tier I wasn't sure how to order., so there may be some inconsistencies.

Thor Roy is bottom tier purely for his horrible recovery. Wario's top tier because how easily he can win games with nothing but his Bair. I've never believed Fox to be S tier, as he has a major weakness in his recovery. Tbh, Ivy's more deserving of S tier than Fox in the current patch.

Fox's recovery is very difficult to intercept UNLESS he either goes low without a jump *or* you can intercept the first side+B on startup - nair cancels, shine stopping, shine gliding [which beats projectiles and can be jumped out of], and simply using shortens to move around help Fox get back on much of the time with big hitboxes and the ability to move in very arcs. His fragileness when gettimg combo'd is in my opinion a much bigger issue than his recovery, but everyone is probably ultimately quite fragile when people really optimize things.

I like his new placement though : P

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Fox's recovery is very difficult to intercept UNLESS he either goes low without a jump *or* you can intercept the first side+B on startup - nair cancels, shine stopping, shine gliding [which beats projectiles and can be jumped out of], and simply using shortens to move around help Fox get back on much of the time with big hitboxes and the ability to move in very arcs. His fragileness when gettimg combo'd is in my opinion a much bigger issue than his recovery, but everyone is probably ultimately quite fragile when people really optimize things.

I like his new placement though : P
Apparently his fair is cancelable after the firsk kick which means potential momantum shenanigans? I'm gonna play with this later but I just found this out.

Edit: nvm this is false.

Last edited:

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Another revamp, just for a few minor tweaks. I think this is pretty close to what most would think.

S: Dedede, Lucario, Fox
A+: Falco, Ivysaur, DK, Meta Knight, Squirtle
A: Yoshi, Wario, Pikachu, ZSS, Olimar, Wolf
A-: Pichu, Captain Falcon, Marth, Samus, Sonic, Luigi, Peach
B+: Toon Link, Snake, Pit, Game & Watch, Kirby, Sheik
B: Jigglypuff, Mario, Diddy Kong, Zelda
B-: Link, ROB, Ganondorf, Roy, Ike, Lucas, Ness
Bottom Tier: Bowser, Charizard, Ice Climbers

?0123456789?

My 4.0b tier list. I play the game for several hours nearly every week with 2-3 other good players, and I main Random lol. I don't think this game has an "S Tier" like vBrawl did with Meta Knight. While there are some characters that are certainly the cream of the crop; they are all beatable. Since all of the characters are so good, skill and practice factor into matches a lot more in Minus, and I believe the tier list should reflect which characters equally skilled players would have the hardest time losing with. You can also think of it as the characters with the most potential (characters that have the most good elements) going down the list to the characters with the least potential (characters that are perhaps missing one or more good elements that keep them from being better). I'm sure a few of these choices will be surprising to some people, but tier lists are always opinion-based and therefore debatable.

A+ Tier: King Dedede, Lucario

A Tier: Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Jigglypuff, Link, Marth, Meta Knight, Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, Wario, Zelda

B+ Tier: Captain Falcon, Charizard, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Ivysaur, Kirby, Luigi, Mario, Peach, Pichu, Samus, Sheik, Snake, Sonic, Squirtle, Toon Link, Wolf, Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus

B Tier: Bowser, Ice Climbers, Ike, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, ROB, Roy

*Characters are listed alphabetically for each tier

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
Do not necrobump threads.
upload_2016-12-11_19-24-16.png

STRICTLY IMO DON'T HATE ME

Status
Not open for further replies.