Please Link needs some changes.

I really enjoy playing Link in the smash in general. I Really love what has been with him in minus giving him different arrows and the boomerang hitting you rather than just pulling with the wind box is cool. I just think a few minors changes would do him some good.
First off his bombs need to be toned down both their vertical throw distance and base knock back it too much. Link's whole thing was comboing and doing set ups with his projectiles with out his bombs giving him that combo potential it just makes them feel boring. Also they can kill which I think is a little much.
Secondly why do his arrows kill so easily if you land a charge light or fire arrow they can end stocks pretty easily. Not really a big problem but with bombs also killing it just makes Link feel unfair.
What do you guys think?

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I really enjoy playing Link in the smash in general. I Really love what has been with him in minus giving him different arrows and the boomerang hitting you rather than just pulling with the wind box is cool. I just think a few minors changes would do him some good.
First off his bombs need to be toned down both their vertical throw distance and base knock back it too much. Link's whole thing was comboing and doing set ups with his projectiles with out his bombs giving him that combo potential it just makes them feel boring. Also they can kill which I think is a little much.
Secondly why do his arrows kill so easily if you land a charge light or fire arrow they can end stocks pretty easily. Not really a big problem but with bombs also killing it just makes Link feel unfair.
What do you guys think?

*in the Smash series. *been done with, *is too much, and your missing tons of puncuation marks. Sheesh boy, aint'chu in college? Shooooot

Shawn Jones

Honestly I think Link is balanced, he has powerful projectiles, but he is slow and easy to combo. He can camp fairly easily, but even hulking characters like Bowser can easily close the gap. That's just what I've seen.

Turk Injaydii

Dude I'm not writing a paper I know where you live I will bend the corners of all your amiibo boxes

YOU MONSTER!!! I'll end you! Lol...
So everyone has the context, Spazzy and I are brothers. So this won't be the last time you see us pester each other, lol

Thor

What do you guys think?

I agree bombs KO way too early. It makes the Link Peach MU seem almost unwinnable for Peach when upward angled boomerang and zair nearly shut off her float game while nair/fair have amazing hitboxes and bombs KO at lke 100.

I don't know how problematic the actual throw distance is, but it wouldn't be horrible for Link if it was reduced, given how useful arrows and boomerangs are now.

Arrow were nerfed last patch, although they still KO early. Charged arrows are hard to set up unless you set up a boomerang or get them offstage vs fast characters, although vs slower characters like Ganondorf they feel kind of silly sometimes.

I think he's balanced overall, but given how badly he bodies Peach with bombs that KO, making them have less KB [and thus combo better] would make him less of a "press variations of direction and b to win" vs some characters while making him get more use out of his close-range tools in those MUs, and rewarding him for getting bombs more in MUs where they're not that easy to pull [Sonic, Falcon, Fox, etc.].

Turk Injaydii

Grammar Nazi jokes aside, I agree that Link having 2 projectiles that kill is redundant. Arrows kill TOO early sometimes as it is, and having bombs as another killing projectile and throwing them so fast/far is a bit much and just seems taboo. One of Link's most defining traits in other Smash titles is his ability to be creative with bomb setups. In those titles, they help him control space and combo. And when the knockback isn't so ridiculous, he can actually save himself with bombs. If you all adjusted 4.0f Link's bombs to be a spacing and combo tool by adjusting the throw speed/distance and reducing the knockback from "killer" to "combo" he would just feel much more like...ya know...LINK. lol

Last edited:

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I agree bombs KO way too early. It makes the Link Peach MU seem almost unwinnable for Peach when upward angled boomerang and zair nearly shut off her float game while nair/fair have amazing hitboxes and bombs KO at lke 100.

I don't know how problematic the actual throw distance is, but it wouldn't be horrible for Link if it was reduced, given how useful arrows and boomerangs are now.

Arrow were nerfed last patch, although they still KO early. Charged arrows are hard to set up unless you set up a boomerang or get them offstage vs fast characters, although vs slower characters like Ganondorf they feel kind of silly sometimes.

I think he's balanced overall, but given how badly he bodies Peach with bombs that KO, making them have less KB [and thus combo better] would make him less of a "press variations of direction and b to win" vs some characters while making him get more use out of his close-range tools in those MUs, and rewarding him for getting bombs more in MUs where they're not that easy to pull [Sonic, Falcon, Fox, etc.].
Peach-Link is bad because Link shut's down her recovery and approach and Peach vs. (insert projectlile spam character of choice) is bad because she has the airdodge with the fewest invincibility frames and the longest endlag (source)

Last edited:

Thor

Peach-Link is bad because Link shut's down her recovery and Peach vs. (insert projectlile spam character of choice) is bad because she has the airdodge with the fewest invincibility frames and the longest endlag (source)

Wait, someone claimed Brawl Minus altered other spotdodges [according to Glyph, ROB's is 1-20, ends 25, when in Brawl it was 2-20] so I assumed they buffed Peach's airdodge...

Did they never buff Peach's airdodge? If so, they need to AT LEAST buff it to be like the mediocre/average airdodges [4-29/49]. That kind of bad airdodge combined with her floatiness and general reliance on her aerial movement makes that sort of bad airdodge almost unacceptable for a game that's meant to break the limits.