Grappler or aerial character

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
I think Kirby should be one or the other, not both. It gives him ridiculous superiority on both grounds... his grabs easily chain and interrupt everything, and his aerial attacks are second only to Jigglypuff...

Thor

I think Kirby should be one or the other, not both. It gives him ridiculous superiority on both grounds... his grabs easily chain and interrupt everything, and his aerial attacks are second only to Jigglypuff...

Have you met King DDD's back air? Or Wario? They want words with you...

Kirby has very low range and is extremely lightweight while being not that floaty, making him INCREDIBLY fragile. Kienamaru is convinced alongside you that this character is broken, but having played Darxmarx [our best Kirby, who somehow does well with a sideways Wiimote >_>], I sincerely believe Kirby is well-balanced, and a frustrating MU for characters who don't have fun hitting small targets, but DEFINITELY not broken [and also he got a plethora of nerfs that make him much worse in 4.0B than he was in 3.Q].

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Kirby is fine now that the Grab Cancel on his Inhale is gone.

Looking forward to seeing how the devs buff his Copy Abilities.

It will always annoy me that Kirby gets to keep the Cancel on his _______ _____, while '____ did not.

Thor

Kirby is fine now that the Grab Cancel on his Inhale is gone.

Frankly, even with the grab cancel, he was fine [although it may have allowed for some chaingrabs... which would be a no-no, or at least that's what the rule used to be].

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Have you met King DDD's back air? Or Wario? They want words with you...

Kirby has very low range and is extremely lightweight while being not that floaty, making him INCREDIBLY fragile. Kienamaru is convinced alongside you that this character is broken, but having played Darxmarx [our best Kirby, who somehow does well with a sideways Wiimote >_>], I sincerely believe Kirby is well-balanced, and a frustrating MU for characters who don't have fun hitting small targets, but DEFINITELY not broken [and also he got a plethora of nerfs that make him much worse in 4.0B than he was in 3.Q].
Don't even talk to me about Dedede in general. I can't stand fighting him now, and now I know why everyone hated when I played him. He has his own issues that need nerfs.
With Kirby, his short-hop+ d-air combos almost true, and he can almost chain with his forward and down throws... unless I am just absolute garbage (which is entirely possible)

Thor

Don't even talk to me about Dedede in general. I can't stand fighting him now, and now I know why everyone hated when I played him. He has his own issues that need nerfs.
With Kirby, his short-hop+ d-air combos almost true, and he can almost chain with his forward and down throws... unless I am just absolute garbage (which is entirely possible)

He can almost chaingrab his throws... I've pointed this out and the devs don't seem that interested in fixing it, although it's on very specific characters at specific percents, and I never really tested if it is escapable [unlike with Falcon, where myself and another person disproved them all]... might do that if I get a setup and more people take issue with it.

His dair is good, yes, but you can SDI it [smash directional influence, the thing Jigglypuff players use to get out of Fox uthrow uair in Melee]. Dair also has relatively low horizontal range [or it should], and he's not THAT fast [although his rocket dair is admittedly a little tricky to dodge unless you haven't committed to any actions except standing still/moving].

Also, no offense to you, but I find you seem to complain about a lot of characters... I'm half-expecting you to eventually make a thread about nearly every character, and if that happens... well, I think that means the devs did their job [because then everyone is OP]... but that's just a guess of course.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
I take no offense at all. I am noticing that I do complain a lot, too, and I am trying to get away from it. I'm gonna change that here and now.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
I sincerely believe Kirby is well-balanced, and a frustrating MU for characters who don't have fun hitting small targets, but DEFINITELY not broken [and also he got a plethora of nerfs that make him much worse in 4.0B than he was in 3.Q].
I thought everyone was broken in Minus. Sure, I've heard "When everyone's super, no-one will be," but if everyone's OP, they're still OP, but if they're equally OP then there's balance.