Kirby Hat Suggestion Thread

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Over the years, many Minus teams have attempted to Minusify Kirby's hats, and all have failed. Well, obviously we haven't learned from them because we're trying again. This time though we finally have all the technology we need, the missing portion is the ideas on what to change. So that's what this thread is about, suggest ways to make Kirby's hats cool, crazy, awesome, or whatever else you think might be cool. Think the Mario hat should shoot 4 fireballs? Or maybe DK hat's punch should always be at full charge? Or maybe even that the Fox hat should let Kirby wavedash and shine? Any and all suggestions are welcome, so post whatever crazy ideas you have!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
About how much better should a Kirby Copy Ability be, compared to its source?

How much is too little of a buff, and how much is too much? Just trying to establish some boundaries.

I don't think any Copy Ability should be more than, say, twice as good as its source material, and they should function similarly.

It would be neat if X Kirby Power were tweaked just enough to make it particularly useful for exploiting the original owner's weakness(es).

Junior_Z

The Blazing Star
  • Falcon hat gives Kirby the taunt-enhanced Falcon Punch. Give it a cooldown time or make it a one-use powerup if that's too OP :p
  • Fox inhale gives Kirby wavedashing and lasers that shoot twice as fast.
  • Samus inhale gives Kirby partially charged shots by default, can still be charged.
  • Toon / Link inhale gives him arrows that come out fully charged.
  • Pikachu neutral B stuns
  • Ganon warlock punch comes out faster and you can jump cancel it
  • Falco inhale gives Kirby lasers the have a weak meteor effect.
  • Pit shoots two arrows consecutively
  • ZSS shoots charged paralyzer by default
  • Ike charges twice as fast and can still store Aether
  • Sheik needles explode on impact instead of timed.
  • Pichu activates the AOE electric ecplosion attack without self damage
  • Yoshi grab more range and grabbox is out for the entire animation.
  • Mario 4 fireballs
  • Luigi 2 fireballs
  • Peach counter instantly activates
  • Ice Climber glaciers start massive
  • Jigglypuff gives Kirby rest
  • Zelda Nairyu's Love hitbox expands and damage multiplier on reflected projectiles doubles.
  • Diddy Kong peanut popgun shoots 2 at once
Just throwing out some ideas

Thor

Kirby's Falcon Hat gives Kirby 64 Falcon Punch - same startup, same damage [20%], etc.
Fox hat gives Kirby Fox Illusion.
Samus hat gives Kirby screw attack [or missiles].
Falco hat gives Kirby Falco's reflector [with 3.Q properties, or if Falco's reflector gets reverted, 4.0 properties]. Alternatively, Kirby gets slow lasers.
ZSS hat gives Kirby Flip Jump, and the flip jump is invincible for most of the duration [most = at least half].
Luigi hat gives Thunderbrand with super armor.
Peach hat gives Kirby turnip pulling powers.
ICs hat gives Kirby squall hammer... but with Kirby's own hammer and half the normal power of Kirby's side+b.
Jiggs hat gives Kirby pound, rest, or a grab-cancellable sing [Jiggs is airborne so much a grab cancel isn't that practical].
Zelda hat gives Kirby Zelda's ftilt.
Diddy Kong hat gives Kirby Diddy Kong's sunglasses and he pulls bananas.
Wario's hat gives Wario waft.
Charizard hat gives blast burn [or rock smash].
Bowser Hat gives Kirby blue fire breath that deals 4% per hit but wears out kinda quick.
Link hat gives the old fire ice electric light arrows.
Pikachu hat gives t-jolts that also have a paralyze effect.
Sonic hat gives Kirby a homing attack that's interruptible for the entire duration by homing attack, and Kirby says "You're too slow!" in his adorable voice every time he presses B [IDK if that's even possible, but if so, if you only took one of my hat ideas, make this happen].
Yoshi hat gives Kirby Yoshi Eggs.
GnW hat gives judgement, but only 6-8. You can hold B during Judgement once only for a 9, but you lose the hat if you do so [probably WAY too overpowered, but it sounds awesome.]
Ivysaur hat gives Leaf Storm in the air, and on the ground it's vine whip [dthrow combos?]
Olimar hat gives whistle with a generous super armor effect [at least as good as Brawl]. Using the whistle then causes Pikmin to return to Olimar, knocking them off Kirby [making this hat very useful in MU and stopping Kirby from being camped hard].
Lucario hat is affected by aura only positively [no effect until whenever Lucario's aura would make his damage multiplier beyond 1.0, then it follows the multiplier exactly].

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
  • Toon Link Kirby's arrows charge twice as fast as regular Toon Link. Kirby also gets both a guard and dodge cancel during the move.
  • Falco Kirby can mash the button for fast lasers, or simply hold the button for slow lasers. Fires 3 lasers per shot, both on the ground and midair.
  • Roy Kirby fully charges his attack faster, but the charge can be held as long as Roy's. Recoil damage at full charge would be 5-10% less (I don't remember how much recoil damage Roy takes).
  • Lucario Kirby at full charge should behave like this.
  • Alternatively, all aura sphere charges should behave like this.
  • Link hat gives the old fire ice electric light arrows.
  • Pretty sure current Link Kirby has that, in addition to the more recent arrows. Maybe the charge time should be slightly reduced?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Just sharing some thoughts on the ones proposed thus far
  • Fox inhale gives Kirby wavedashing and lasers that shoot twice as fast.
Kirby still lacks the mobility to get a real advantage out of either of these.
  • Pichu activates the AOE electric ecplosion attack without self damage
We still lack the ability to make hats for Pichu and Roy, but that might be a little too strong? We'd have to experiment if we went with that.

Kirby's Falcon Hat gives Kirby 64 Falcon Punch - same startup, same damage [20%], etc.
Sadly not possible, messing with the speeds Falcon Punch comes out makes the GFX not work right.

Bowser Hat gives Kirby blue fire breath that deals 4% per hit but wears out kinda quick.
Kirby will be receiving Royal Rampage and Galactic Crusher.

Olimar hat gives whistle with a generous super armor effect [at least as good as Brawl]. Using the whistle then causes Pikmin to return to Olimar, knocking them off Kirby [making this hat very useful in MU and stopping Kirby from being camped hard].
Olimar Kirby is already really really good, there's no real reason to change it into something that might be worse.

GnW hat gives judgement, but only 6-8. You can hold B during Judgement once only for a 9, but you lose the hat if you do so [probably WAY too overpowered, but it sounds awesome.]
Free reign over a 9 is too OP, but we may be able to give him Judge.

Thor

Just sharing some thoughts on the ones proposed thus far

Kirby still lacks the mobility to get a real advantage out of either of these.

We still lack the ability to make hats for Pichu and Roy, but that might be a little too strong? We'd have to experiment if we went with that.

Sadly not possible, messing with the speeds Falcon Punch comes out makes the GFX not work right.

Kirby will be receiving Royal Rampage and Galactic Crusher.

Olimar Kirby is already really really good, there's no real reason to change it into something that might be worse.

Free reign over a 9 is too OP, but we may be able to give him Judge.

Is it possible to slow down the Fast Falcon Punch GFX to 64 speed and then give Kirby perma-fast-falcon-punch?

Didn't know Kirby could get RR and Galatic Crusher, but I support that over super strong fire breath 100%.

Olimar Kirby is eh to me, but I'll agree to that. I still think Kirby whistling Pikmin off himself would be hilarious.

I think if Kirby only got 6-9, with increased chances of 6 and 8 (maybe 40% each?), decent odds of 7 (~15%), and reduced odds of a 9 (5% or so) might be interesting. You could also do just judge, but I think making Kirby's inhale give him judge is redundant because then two of his b moves are just hammers... and unlike squall hammer which could look hilarious and have awesome function, I think Judge would just completely overshadow normal hammer.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Swallowing Kirby should give him a Kirby hat.

Valravn

Or maybe even that the Fox hat should let Kirby wavedash and shine?
Absolutely this. Beats the hell out of lasers! Alternatively, or additionally, make him run as fast as Fox.

Swallowing Meta Knight should give Kirby a beam sword!

I think swallowing a Kirby/Dedede should create a black hole or something. That sounds nice.

MinusWorld

I have an interesting idea for Kirby's taunt. Lets make it where Kirby throws away his ability as an attack! I would make where it stuns your opponent dealing 12% damage and it increases the Knockback of Kirby's next attack move! What do you think?