BRAWL MINUS 4.0b ON THE 4TH!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Are Kirby's Copy abilities going to be updated anytime soon? I know they're low-priority, just curious.

Ganondorf Kirby's Reverse Warlock Punch hitbox needs adjusting; it doesn't reach far enough in front, and it can hit opponents behind Kirby.

Would it be worth making a thread detailing which powers need addressing, or would that be unnecessary?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It would actually be pretty nice to have a thread dedicated to having cool variants for the Kirby copies, worst case scenario it's a fun activity for everyone, best case Kirby ends up with incredibly awesome hats in 4.0. Also Kirby's abilities will largely not be different in 4.0b; we might modify them for 4.0 proper but right now unique buffs to that many moves (not to mention the BrawlEx hats just not working at all complicating balance) is just too much work for the end result.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Yeah, I wasn't expecting any update on Kirby powers in 4.0b -- but getting them all updated for 4.0 sounds like a reasonable goal.

Will it never be possible for Roy, Pichu, and future newcomers to have Kirby hats, because of how BrawlEx works?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It is possible to set up Kirby hats for BrawlEx fighters, but it would be very difficult. We might try, but there's a fair chance we just don't implement hats for them.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
It is possible to set up Kirby hats for BrawlEx fighters, but it would be very difficult. We might try, but there's a fair chance we just don't implement hats for them.

Would it be helpful to know how Project M did it?

I'm not to sure, but I believe they use Brawl EX as well in adding Mewtwo and Roy, and perhaps even Dr. Mario, Giga Bowser, Warioman, and Sopo.

That said, Kirby's copy of Mewtwo and Roy works as it should, though Kirby receives Mewtwo's side-b as opposed to his neutral-b (would Minus ever decide to include Mewtwo in Minus, they could rearrange that).

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
ProjectM uses a different clone engine than we do.

Which one do they use?

Also, was anything done about Wario's Crate Farting? It's a severe weakness that it can be used against him while he is standing on it. Basically if the crate is hit while he's on it, it will become the opponent's hitbox and hit Wario. Other than that, his fluid airspeed can also be turned against him. Generally, any move with a wind effect causes his movement to be neutralized on moves like his extended bair, dash attack, and up-b. My recovery attempts are hard-countered by Pit's up-b for example; I'll up-b simultaneously with him (by sheer coincidence) and Pit's wind effect will make it so that my up-b provides literally no distance.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I tried out the new Project M yesterday. Loved Ganondorf's new Neutral B (float/cape) and all the visual polish -- new animations for Dash, U-Tilt, F-Smash, Dodges... Didn't like his Falcon-style Up Smash though.

I wish Minus 'Dorf could float and reflect projectiles.

Valravn

Project M Ganon is my jam, lately. He feels like a true king of evil, and he's not awful like in Melee. I'm really looking forward to the crazy shit in Minus 4.0 though! Could always use more purple fire and evil monarchy.

Thor

I tried out the new Project M yesterday. Loved Ganondorf's new Neutral B (float/cape) and all the visual polish -- new animations for Dash, U-Tilt, F-Smash, Dodges... Didn't like his Falcon-style Up Smash though.

I wish Minus 'Dorf could float and reflect projectiles.

His Falcon style usmash does like 39% uncharged when both hits connect.

Valravn

And Minus made DACUS a universal sort of thing, so even Ganondorf can do it! Hard to space, but that thing is crazy.

Valravn

I'd say it's pretty hard to confuse the two characters. It's like saying Link is ripping off Marth because they share a sword-based Dair spike.

Thor

I'd say it's pretty hard to confuse the two characters. It's like saying Link is ripping off Marth because they share a sword-based Dair spike.

I think you mean Toon Link [Link dair doesn't spike, unless you refer to Smash 4].

It may be better, technically, but I just prefer the single, powerful kick, rather than ripping off Falcon even more.

For what it's worth, I think Falcon should get 64 usmash and Ganondorf should get Melee usmash, so that Ganondorf does a ridiculous amount of damage with the move and Falcon has a cool OoS that starts combos, but something tells me this would be FAR more broken than would be intended, while giving Ganondorf the two-kick usmash isn't as much of a buff as I'd like it to be in my head [maybe a shield cancel between kicks or something would help to break it properly].

And Minus made DACUS a universal sort of thing, so even Ganondorf can do it! Hard to space, but that thing is crazy.

I actually massively struggle to do a DACUS with anyone in Minus [did you typo PM??? I dont' think Minus made everyone have a DACUS...], because doing dsmash out of a run means I must either stand still to DACUS or tilt the c-stick sideways, and I have made myself accustomed to neither of those things [I can do alright doing a DACUS standing still in PM it seems, but I often get a running start for those]. So I struggle to even do a basic DACUS with Falco in Minus.

That said, nearly all my Minus play is online, and I can't really do a DACUS in PM online, so there might just be lag johns or something.

Valravn

Ah, yep, that was supposed to be PM I was referring to. Ganon does have a DACUS in Minus though. I haven't experimented with using the alternate dash attack to do it, but I imagine that one is even better. (What with Gerudo Dragon giving more of a horizontal boost.) Sonic has an amazing one, though like most of his moves it's ridiculously difficult to aim from afar.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
DACUS is a feature of vBrawl and thus is on every fighter in Minus. It isn't necessarily useful, but I can guarantee you it's there.

Spookyman

DACUS is a feature of vBrawl and thus is on every fighter in Minus. It isn't necessarily useful, but I can guarantee you it's there.
But not every character in Brawl could DACUS, that was actually a major change in PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Valravn

Well, the limiting factor is whether or not a character's dash startup slowed them down or sped them up. The latter allowed for a useful DACUS, the former made for something not far off of a standing up smash.