[.:Release:.] MinimaLauncher v1.2

What do you use to play your Brawl Mods?

• MinimaLauncher

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • GeckoOS

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • NeoGamma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFG USB Loader

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • USB Loader GX

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • WiiFlow

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • ProjectM Launcher

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • WiiLauncher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Larsenv

Is it possible to use more than one patch with MinimaLauncher??

I hate that I have to use multiple SD Cards to store all my mods on, and MinimaLauncher would be perfect to choose what mod I wanted to play..

Larsenv

Yes, I just wondering if there's a way to use more than 1 mod with MinimaLauncher, like Riivolution does.

All I found was a File Patch Code which lets you switch between 2 mods...

NEWB

I don't know anything about that stuff. At least you have multiple sd cards and don't have to switch back and forth like me.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Is it possible to use more than one patch with MinimaLauncher??

I hate that I have to use multiple SD Cards to store all my mods on, and MinimaLauncher would be perfect to choose what mod I wanted to play..
No. That ruins the minimalistic goal of ML. You get a black screen for loading for a reason.

Larsenv

I tried to compile MinimaLauncher yesterday, editing the main.cpp file to make sure every mod will have a different GCT Path, and I will try editing the file patch code to change the directory it stores each game in. So each DOL I boot will boot a different mod.

I will see how this works out.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
I tried to compile MinimaLauncher yesterday, editing the main.cpp file to make sure every mod will have a different GCT Path, and I will try editing the file patch code to change the directory it stores each game in. So each DOL I boot will boot a different mod.

I will see how this works out.
Good luck, but my best bet it you won't be able to select anything.

Larsenv

So.....it worked?

Yes, but for some reason some mods I tried didn't load up on my SDHC even after I used the SDHC Extension Code, like Pikezer's BrawlEx Pack and Brawl Minus 3.Q...

Pikezer's BrawlEx Pack works on a non-SDHC Card via MinimaLauncher though...

Project M worked great though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I'd love to have multiple mods on one SD Card so I wouldn't have to switch cards every time I want to switch mods. There's also the issue of losing cards, which means that you have one less mod to play should you lose one. If this ML change was made, I'd never have to change my Wii's SD Card. I know Riivolution would work, but I could never figure out how to get it to work.

Larsenv

I would love to see a multiple mods feature..

What would also be awesome is if the SDHC Extension Code was built in to MinimaLauncher so I wouldn't have to worry about putting it in the GCT..

Glitch

Minus Backroom
Zeus Developer
New Update, untested. Need results, see op for DL and changelog.
Support for three brawl mods at a time (if you're smart enough, you can add more yourself).
Because ProjectM uses the File Patch Code that reads from SD:/projectm you can have it there.
Brawl Minus GCT needs the modified File Patch Code to read from a different directory (remember SD:/minusery ?)

If you do decide to use Minus.gct, instead of RSBE01.gct for minus, you must change the brawlex directory as well! (hex editor is your friend)

If d-pad left == ProjectM.gct
If d-pad right == Minus.gct

Then if you do not press any button, ML will simply launch default RSBE01.gct, meaning private/wii/app/rsbe/
Don't forget to rename your GCT (Minus.gct , ProjectM.gct, RSBE01.gct)

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Minusery FPC isn't 3.5.1b, it's only 3.5.1, and may break BrawlEx. However it's probably an easy fix. TO THE LAB!

e~ does anybody have a pre-3.3 gct? ._. nevermind, forgot download exists

NEWB

So, if I just want minus and project m, i just throw the project m folder at the root of the sd and I can just have it load rsbe01 to play minus as it currently is, since minus currently goes through the normal path.

Do I undertsand this correctly?

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Actually forget everything I said. The SD card I was using is so broken it cannot be used for brawl mods anymore.

Now I have to test everything using my Project M SD card.

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
Ok so after getting a working SD card everything works beautiful. Got my Minus on normal (rsbe01), Zeus on Dright (Minus).

The stretch will be trying to put PM on it too. I'm legitimately 20 MB short.

I mean I'm really REALLY cutting it close.
close.png

Larsenv

I just modded it to make it able to boot 13 mods using different combinations of buttons.
The GCTs are using the game's ID instead.
  • If you hold down nothing, it will use the GCT in /codes/1/
  • If you hold down "down" and "LEFT", it will use the GCT in /codes/2/
  • If you hold down "down" and "RIGHT", it will use the GCT in /codes/3/
  • If you hold down "up" and "LEFT", it will use the GCT in /codes/4/
  • If you hold down "up" and "RIGHT", it will use the GCT in /codes/5/
  • If you hold down "down" and "A", it will use the GCT in /codes/6/
  • If you hold down "up" and "A", it will use the GCT in /codes/7/
  • If you hold down "down" and "B, it will use the GCT in /codes/8/
  • If you hold down "up" and "B", it will use the GCT in /codes/9/
  • If you hold down "down" and "1", ("X" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/10/
  • If you hold down "up" and "1", ("X" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/11/
  • If you hold down "down" and "2", ("Y" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/12/
  • If you hold down "up" and "2", ("Y" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/13/
Here's the download link if you want to try (I haven't tested it yet...)

https://mega.co.nz/#!ONNDHZTa!cMwn7X9oo081NlMYBO2GCz2xu05prbUXWGlJnV8tCQI

Larsenv

Yup Yup, 13 mods.

Remember to edit the GCTs in a hex editor to change the "pf" part to whatever you want the new folder to be called. (Remember to make it 2 characters)

I can upload some mods already edited and ready to go if you want. :)