Tha Spark monthlies

Baby_Sneak

I want to alert everyone that I'm hearing everything you guys are saying to me, im listening hard. However, i want to include as much stages as possible for more options. I thank you guys for the feedback you given me and i will try to make the smartest move i can

Hyrule 64- the feedback given to me about hyrule is that it really benefits fits camping, or is just bad for competitive play as sonic can use the space to time out opponents. ( as mega saturn said). However, I can assure you the usage of the 3 platforms and the tent can aid you when battling a zoner like falco, samus, olimar, rob, D3 and more. As for sonic, personally (as you guys know), i see it as a char problem more than a stage problem, but thats me. you can always ban that stage though, and problem is solved.
Temple- the feedback given to me about this stage is that it overwhelmingly benefits falco and in project m, its banned. However, http://projectmgame.com/en/stages/skyloft as you can see, it doesn't looks like it at all. by the way it describes the stage, people actually plays on it. Also, i've seen some matches on it, and the source is VGbootcamp, or clash tournaments.

please somebody respond to this if you have any problems with my ruleset than say," this guy is ignorant" or something of the sort.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Personally, I don't care about stages. The best player knows all the stages. No exceptions. Now, the argument against certain stages is probably along the lines of "The opponent should kill you, not the stage." Well, to those people I say this: if the opponent hits you into a stage element that then kills you, ....the opponent killed you, sir or madam. I do my hardest to learn the stages and all their elements so that if someone attempts to get an assist from the stage, it doesn't work and I reappear to slit their throats. Virtually, of course. I do feel that items are a little different, in that...those things spawn. Out of nowhere. You can learn how a stage is going to act. You can't learn item spawns.
Alas, I don't think my view is shared in the Competitive Super Smash Bros. Universe. Therefore, carry on.
I just wanted to give my two cents.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Do I have to sign up on Challonge, or can you just take all of our names and throw them in a bracket? Because I remember that's what I did when organizing tournaments for Persona 4 Arena.

If you like, I'll have an official ruleset put together before this starts.

Baby_Sneak

Do I have to sign up on Challonge, or can you just take all of our names and throw them in a bracket? Because I remember that's what I did when organizing tournaments for Persona 4 Arena.

If you like, I'll have an official ruleset put together before this starts.
well, it'll make things go way smoother on there anyway, as you'll already know who you're supposed to fight.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hyrule64 wasn't even legal at apex 2014 for NINTENDO64 the game it was made for. I agree with larger stage lists but Hyrule64 has no place on such a list.

Hyrule 64 likely isn't banned for its size but for its multiple multiple walls.

well, it'll make things go way smoother on there anyway, as you'll already know who you're supposed to fight.

I usually just had the brackets open for the duration of the tournament.

Baby_Sneak

Hyrule64 wasn't even legal at apex 2014 for NINTENDO64 the game it was made for. I agree with larger stage lists but Hyrule64 has no place on such a list.
the stage was legal in the previous apexes, and was labeled as,"TO's discretion" (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Hyrule_Castle). But, if i have to ban the stage, i will w/o hesitation though, and from the looks of this, i might have to.

Baby_Sneak

I usually just had the brackets open for the quration of the tournament

:( im new at this, i thought the challonge website has the easiest tournament formatt and ease for a guy like me.

NEWB

Wait so are we still needing to go onto challenge then?

And yeah, since you can just strike hyrule castle, I don't have problems with including it. Some of the stages I hated were removed from minus. As long as I can ban that god awful rumble falls, I'm pretty much set.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
:( im new at this, i thought the challonge website has the easiest tournament formatt and ease for a guy like me.
I use Tiopro. It's significantly easier to use for not only Brackets, but everything else too.

Regarding HC64, I can see it as a CP, but absolutely not a Starter.

Baby_Sneak

I use Tiopro. It's significantly easier to use for not only Brackets, but everything else too.

Regarding HC64, I can see it as a CP, but absolutely not a Starter.
is my choice of a place to to put a tourny in good?

Thor

[stuff about striking]

Makes a LOT more sense now. Okay, that's a good order then. You had me confused.
Baby_Sneak said:
by the walls is a terrible way to camp on you're not covering any space and combo chars will stomp you in that tent

Ganondorf's Gandouken into the wall repeatedly is really annoying. Jigglypuff waits and knocks one person on the ground, and if they miss a tech, sing ->rest. Falco gets crazy laser stuff down there and it's super safe because you have to go around or else come down from above. There are more examples but I'll end with this one - ICs throwing desynced (or regular even I suppose) Ice Blocks while sitting inside the tent. It's not that it's unbeatable, it just can lead to silly play that's really annoying. And unlike in 64, you can tech the walls, so combo characters can't just go ham if you can tech wall-jump well. But I'm not saying ban it yet, I'm just throwing it out as a warning.

Baby_Sneak said:
On, Castle Siege, you can stop them from breaking the walls, and even if they do, you can just wait on the edge of the tents above for the next transformation. But, im not a pro at this and could be very wrong, so ill keep everything you said in mind.

If one isn't quick about it, Samus can missile camp the hell out of either of the side platforms, and can destroy the statues rather quickly (especially if she has a charge shot to burn). The left side is better if you can break both, but both are fantastic and force one player to plank or constantly dodge projectiles. It also is fantastic for Link and sort of great for Falco. But again, it's just a warning, not a "remove it now" sort of thing.

The Concept said:
Personally, I don't care about stages. The best player knows all the stages. No exceptions. Now, the argument against certain stages is probably along the lines of "The opponent should kill you, not the stage." Well, to those people I say this: if the opponent hits you into a stage element that then kills you, ....the opponent killed you, sir or madam. I do my hardest to learn the stages and all their elements so that if someone attempts to get an assist from the stage, it doesn't work and I reappear to slit their throats. Virtually, of course. I do feel that items are a little different, in that...those things spawn. Out of nowhere. You can learn how a stage is going to act. You can't learn item spawns.
Alas, I don't think my view is shared in the Competitive Super Smash Bros. Universe. Therefore, carry on.
I just wanted to give my two cents.

I'm gonna CP you to Big Blue. It'll be AWESOME! [And I did it to this one guy in tournament too, via the gentleman's rule, and yes, it was awesome] And yes, I'm fully serious. Be ready for some serious F-Zero racer hopping.

Unless you refuse. In which, lrn 2 walk the walk.

Bash, I think Delfino is fine - MK sharking is now overrated, and that was the whole point of possibly banning the stage. Yeah it transforms but most of the transformations are just fine (especially now that Dedede and/or Falco can't just CG someone off the walkoffs). If it's bad, we can ban it later.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm gonna CP you to Big Blue. It'll be AWESOME! [And I did it to this one guy in tournament too, via the gentleman's rule, and yes, it was awesome] And yes, I'm fully serious. Be ready for some serious F-Zero racer hopping.
Unless you refuse. In which, lrn 2 walk the walk.

....Am I the only one who didn't understand what you were saying? I understood that you want to fight me on Big Blue. One of the most hated stages in Smash. Fond memories. But..you're going to "CP me to Big Blue"? Is...that an attack? CP? Is "lrn" short for "learn"?
Nevertheless, I'll fight you on Big Blue.

Thor

Okay. It was an obnoxious "attack" [call out] in an attempt to ensure you would actually play me on Big Blue. By CP I meant "Counterpick" if I lost round 1. But I'd love to go there for the first match (and subsequent ones, if you agree).

So it achieved my goal, even though it was mostly nonsensical crap.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I am unsure at this time if I'll be able to play in the tournament. I may have gotten a job by then. I will however play as many friendlies as you want on Big Blue.

NEWB

I thought the only problem people have with delfino is that it has water. I guess that is why. And several portions are walk off.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Castle siege and Opheon are also questionable. Castle isn't neutral at all, includes walkoffs and the transformation part can kill recovering players. Opheon is okay but the platform that goes to blastzone is a problem. Why didn't you just use the M3 stagelist?

NEWB

Because the floor is gone, castle siege isn't walk off anymore, except the upper portions are close to the blastlines. While it is true that transforming can kill you, does it ever really? I think I got killed once by it changing... as Ike...... in vbrawl.....

I don't have a problem with orpheon. You are right about that platform, but it stays so briefly. You can fairly easily apply some pressure and keep them off the stage. That is because you know that they have to jump forward. The platform saves people from death almost as much as it actually drags people to their death. Hit someone on to that thing while it's pulling back and gg.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
The thing is newb, the transformation part does ko and its walk off. The second stage is also multiplatform without a main platform. As far as I know those are banned. Opheons transformation can also save lives as much as end them. How pissed off would you be that I won by putting you to sleep on the platform as it moves away?

Babysneak, the M3 stagelist has pretty much every neutral and counterpick available. Just use it.

Last edited by a moderator: