Brawl Zeus Special Attacks

Sasurai087

Ever wondered why characters sparkle or emit special effects during fights?
Take a look at this vid. It showcases special powers that characters can unleash when conditions are met:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I'm speechless. Just, wow.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I have always wondered what the sparkling did....
I would love this to be translated. Thank you.

Sasurai087

Some of these require the use of a special taunt before activating. I haven't tested all characters, but I know Marth's and Captain Falcon's are done by pressing Up Taunt, Down Taunt, and then Up Taunt again in rapid succession. Will confirm later.
Please note, these specials don't seem to have official names.

Format
Character (Condition) - How to activate

Mario (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, side-taunt to activate Metal Mario
Peach (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, forward throw to activate Ultimate Peach Slap
Yoshi (Self 160% or over) - After a successful forward throw, do Up Taunt to activate Dragon Breath
Diddy (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, do Neutral-B while on the ground to activate Bullet Time
Falcon (Special Taunt) - 1. Up-Smash is modified and 2. Aerial Down-B becomes Inazuma Kick
Fox & Falco (Self 160%~ 199%) - After a successful back throw, do a side taunt to activate Time Stop. Inflicts 40% damage on self on activation.
Wolf (Self 150% or over) - After a successful forward throw, do an Up Throw while holding B to activate Lethal Rampage
Link (Special Taunt) - Side Smash's second hit will activate Hyrulian Flash
Toon Link (Self 150% or over) - After a successful back throw, perform an Aerial Up B while Holding A to activate Emerald Twister (Note: It is
possible to control the twister)
Ganon (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, perform an Up Throw to unleash Ganon Corridor
Ganon (Special Taunt) - use Side B while on Ground
Kirby (No Condition) - Doing an Up Taunt will get you a Dragoon Part
Metaknight (Special Taunt) - A successful hit with Down B will activate Galaxia Darkness
King Dedede (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, do a Down Smash to let loose Burning Hammer Throw
King Dedede (Self 200% or over) - After a successful forward throw, do an Up Taunt to summon either Lugia, Manaphy, or Deoxys
Pit (No Condition) - Doing a Down Taunt will double your next arrow's damage; this effect can be stored up to 4 times in a row
Ness (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, doing a Down Taunt will heal back 50% of Ness's health. It can also heal beyond 0%, effectively creating a 50% barrier if used right after respawning.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Many thanks. Hopefully this may attract more people to Zeus, for I know I will definitely go back and play to test this. Any idea on which release of Zeus it is?

Sasurai087

Here's a few more:

Pikachu (Special Taunt) - Use Side Taunt to electrocute and heavily damage foes near you. Also, you can now save a charged Side B by shielding anytime you're charging up Side B
Jigglypuff (Self 120% or over) - After a successful back throw, anytime you get knocked away, immediately press Down Taunt to endure any one attack. I believe it only works once per activation. Testing required.
Jigglypuff (Self 120% or over) - After a successful back throw, do a Down Taunt when you aren't getting knocked away to perform a long range, unblockable Boom Burst attack. Only affects targets on the ground.
Lucario (Down Taunt) - Use this to Mega Evolve/Awaken, which enhances many of your moves in exchange for inflicting a set amount of damage on yourself. Also, while in this move, connecting a fully charged Side Smash will unleash an Aura Assault.
Charizard (Fully charge Neutral B while on Ground) - Do a Side B while holding down A to activate Fire Blast.
Charizard (Fully charge Neutral B while on Ground) - Do an Up Taunt instead to perform Draco Meteor. This Up Taunt can be charged to summon an even stronger Draco Meteor.
Ike (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, successful connect with a grounded Side B to do a Critical Strike
Marth (Special Taunt) - Connect a full charged Down Smash to unlock Falcion's true powers.
Also, anytime while charging Neutral B, press any direction on the D-Pad will perform a fully charged Shield Breaker.
AND, the fourth hit of Marth's Side B will have a new attack added to it.
Wario (Self 180 - 199%) - Do a back throw and then do Neutral B to transform into Warioman
Rob (Self 160% or over) - After a successful back throw, do a fully charged Side Smash to fire a gigantic laser beam
Mr. Game and Watch (Special Taunt) - Do Side B to perform this special (not sure what it is)

Sasurai087

Considering it was uploaded not too long ago, I think it may have been for Brawl Zeus 2.2.
In Brawl Zeus 2.3, using Lucario's Down Taunt inflicts 50% self damage, as opposed to the video's 100% damage.

Sasurai087

Next Judge is always 9 maybe? Just a guess.
You're right. I read the move list and tested it out. Upon performing special taunt, the next Side B is a guaranteed 9. Only for one shot however. If you miss, you lose your special.
But, it appears that you still keep your special "Sparkle" after your Special Taunt, even if you SD or get KO'd.

NEWB

You know, it would be pretty cool if fire emblem guys got the critical hit in minus. I suppose we can't just take stuff from them, but we could do them our own way, right?

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Cool. Now I might actually get around to trying out Zeus. lol

Really like Ike's super Side B.

NEWB

That reminds me. Anyone using brawl minus with the Japanese voice clips? I kinda feel like the Japanese voices are cooler then the English ones, but I want test it for myself to see if l like it.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
The Lucario one....simply connecting with the neutral A combo(A, A, A, A), does 57% in this mode and you don't exit the mode after doing so. Doing it twice in a row on a 0% Bowser killed him.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
That reminds me. Anyone using brawl minus with the Japanese voice clips? I kinda feel like the Japanese voices are cooler then the English ones, but I want test it for myself to see if l like it.

I currently use Japanese Meta Knight's voice clips. Just sounds better, in my opinion.
Ike's Japanese voice is cool too, but I prefer his English voice a bit more.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I think this may be Zeus2.0, because my super Link on 2.2, is the Finishing Blow(downward thrust) move.

Jade_Rock

This is cool!So is this not 2.3?If not what is this?In the dropbox do I download RSBE or RSBJ?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I say it isn't 2.2. That's what I tested it on. The activations are all the same. They all work on 2.2. The reason I say it's not 2.2 is because Link's supermove isn't what the video shows. It could be 2.0 or 2.3, though Sasurai says it's not 2.3.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I have a zips of Zeus2.0, 2.2, and 2.3. If you can't find the download, I'll post it here. That goes for anyone who wants it.