Yo.

RetroStation

If it moves, SMASH IT.
Name's RetroStation. Been playing Smash since the beginning... Not too bad at it, I guess. I've been playing Brawl- since 2.x.6 and feel in love with the shenanigans. Currently a Falcon/Ganon main with a handful of pocket characters, since most of the roster is just really fun to play.

Looking forward to shenanigans with you all, and I can't wait for 4.0!

PS: If anyone can help me get started with Dolphin netplay (and securing a Wii FC while we're at it), that'd be great.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Hello there, good sir. Welcome to the community!
I'm sorry that I don't know much about Dolphin, but I'm fairly certain that if you have connected online before Nintendo's servers were shut down, you will have to delete your save file. Thankfully, when you start up Minus again, you'll unlock all characters, stages, and (I think) songs right off the bat.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Welcome to the community!

To secure a WiiFC, you must delete your old save data (if you connected online before the WiFi shutdown) and then connect again while playing Minus. The game automatically unlocks all of the characters at the moment, and in 4.0 it will unlock all the stages as well!

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
I also need some help playing online via Dolphin. To which host do I connect in Netplay? I already read the instructions Pin Clock gave so far.

RetroStation

If it moves, SMASH IT.
Welcome to the community!

To secure a WiiFC, you must delete your old save data (if you connected online before the WiFi shutdown) and then connect again while playing Minus. The game automatically unlocks all of the characters at the moment, and in 4.0 it will unlock all the stages as well!
So I've looked through all the threads pertaining to Online Play, and I think I'm giving up for now.

Using the Wimmfi codeset gives me the 23915 error; using the Minimawifi set gives me error 23400 (which Google is no help with). I don't own a Wii, so Dolphin is my only method of playing Wii/GC. It's a real shame; I wanted to challenge a handful of you for Runner-Up slots in the M3 thread.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
In order to play Minus online using Dolphin you have to build a Minus ISO and use Dolphin netplay. Afaik in order to play Minus off an ISO you'd need to modify the filepath BrawlEx uses to properly point to files on the disc rather than on the SD card and then use an ISO builder. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do that.

RetroStation

If it moves, SMASH IT.
Okay, so update on Wiimmfi netplay:

My roommate was nice enough to give me his NAND backup. I took the necessary steps to prep the NAND for Dolphin, and I should be up and running by next weekend for online (Wiimmfi gave me a 23899 error, which means my Dolphin is registered, but it won't activate until 7 days from now).

If and when I have Minus running online, please let me know which Minus build you're using (3.Q vanilla, or 3.Q +Kien's patches) so I know which SD Card to load up.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Here are Kien's patches. Feel free to try it out and give feedback if you want! Some characters received more changes than others, so look through the changelog if you feel like it.
Just in case you didn't know, Kien is actually part of the Minus BR.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Just saw it. Thanks. I'd go for it if I didn't absolutely love the withdrawing hitbox that Ike has on his dair. lol

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I'm always up for some games, dude. If you got a Skype, we could chat while we play.