X Tournament Series :: Chapter 4: Merlin

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
rkznib.png

X Tournament Series :: Chapter 4: Merlin :: Brawl Minus Event
Saturday, 30 April, 2016 :: 12:47 PM PDT 3:47 PM EDT

Brax :: Chat :: Smash Flash 2 Event :: Touhou Shinpiroku Event
_________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Hey guys, it's Doq. I am slightly disappointed in the turnouts of the past events. As a result, I have switched over to a netplay event for this month only. It's a decision I will probably regret, considering I'm the only supporter of the wifi project at this point, but if the majority of players play netplay, so be it.

Basic rules:
  • 4 stocks
  • 7 minutes
  • No items
  • Dave's Stupid Ass Rule (DSAR): You can't pick a stage you won on in the set
  • Sets are best of 3 games, winners, losers, and grand finals are best of 5. Salty Suites are best of 7 unless specified otherwise.
  • Game 1 characters are double-blind. After game 1, the loser of the previous game announces the stage choice, the winner announces a character counterpick if desired.
  • f a desync occurs, the match is replayed. If continuous desyncs occur, the player with the most stocks and least percent wins. If there is a discrepancy, it's the TO's decision.
  • If timeout occurs, the player with most stocks/least percent wins. If there's same stocks and percent, see me.
  • In all cases of discrepancy, the ingame Results Screen decides the winner. If Sudden Death occurs, same stock/percent rules apply.
  • Stalling is banned. This should be pretty self-expanatory.
  • Gentleman's Clause is allowed. All rules can be thrown out the window if both players agree.

Stage Legality
3 Stage Bans in the counterpicking process
Starter:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick:
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Spear Pillar
  • Lavander Town
  • Castle Siege
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Halberd
  • Warioware

Praying it doesn't burn down this time.
_____

Bracket: http://x-series.challonge.com/merlin_m
Time: 30 April 2016, 12:47 PDT [GMT-08]
Congregation: irc.stormbit.net #brawlminus

Full details on bracket page.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Aww, the last defender of WiFi Tourneys has defected. RIP Minus WiFi Tournaments. :/

Rather than blame the platform for lack of attendance in the previous Tourney, I would point to the utter lack of outside advertising, the weird (IMO) early start time, and no monetary rewards. I agree that monetary rewards shouldn't be necessary, but you can't deny that they boost attendance...

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
1. I blame my lack of sources. From a Flash 2 background I only had to post it in two places and I was good.
2. That's by design. The X Tournament Series is an international tournament series and to exclude players just because they have to sleep is dumb.
3. P O V E R T Y B O I S.