Who would oppose a Lucario Rebuild?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Not an entire rebuild, but a rebuild that gives Lucario more combos, more options, and more play styles. Currently you could say he's a two trick pony. At low percent he chains together walls of pain or really weak hits and runs away until he hits high percents. At high percent he goes for the tried and true up tilt, up B, up air finisher combos or close combat. Aside of just balancing Lucario to a reasonable level for Minus, I'd like to make a Lucario that feels more consistent, more engaging, and more interesting to fight against. Brawl Lucario was heavily defensive, Minus Lucario is heavily offensive. I could likely strike a balance between the two. Who would oppose this?

Thor

Not an entire rebuild, but a rebuild that gives Lucario more combos, more options, and more play styles. Currently you could say he's a two trick pony. At low percent he chains together walls of pain or really weak hits and runs away until he hits high percents. At high percent he goes for the tried and true up tilt, up B, up air finisher combos or close combat. Aside of just balancing Lucario to a reasonable level for Minus, I'd like to make a Lucario that feels more consistent, more engaging, and more interesting to fight against. Brawl Lucario was heavily defensive, Minus Lucario is heavily offensive. I could likely strike a balance between the two. Who would oppose this?

I think he already has a lot of combos, it's just that they aren't often optimal. He also has tons of options, but just spamming double team over 75% is already highly effective [not so much in neutral, but it's an insane option while in hitstun - get out immediately with I-frames]. I think a rebuild could work but I don't think one is necessary per se... although if the rebuild involved removing that silly double up+b, go for it? I think just removing that and giving back double fair would change him at least a fair bit [pun not intended but left in when I realized it], since fair would be better and his chase game would be a bit worse.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Sammi is the one you should talk about on the subject.

By the way, the whole "jump cancel double team" thing is going to be removed. As is the whole "75%" system, except for ULTRATAUNT.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Sammi is the one you should talk about on the subject.

By the way, the whole "jump cancel double team" thing is going to be removed. As is the whole "75%" system, except for ULTRATAUNT.

Progress!

NEWB

Thor was talking about the glitch where if Lucario uses upb from the ground and in the air, he will land and be unable to use upb from the ground.

insert thor's post here. Lucario already has combos but some are just more powerful options, being too safe mostly.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
4.0 should fix all glitches that cause Lucario to be unable to up-b when he should be able to. That includes double up-b refreshing weirdly as well as Lucario being unable to up-b if he dashes into the floor (and potentially a weird glitch involving paralysis affecting whether up-b should be available).

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
It isn't that Lucario lacks combos, it's that he only needs to perform certain combos for surefire easy bake victories. Jabs true combo into force palm or close combat which is devastating and safe on all but perfect shield. Up B true combos into all aerials if timed properly and grounded attacks if at the proper percents. Dthrow combos into air force palm without DI and extremely powerful chase options if they do DI. All of his moves are safe outside of his smashes which is pretty bad considered the power level he can reach. I don't feel like losing the aura mechanic is the way to make Lucario more fun to play as or against, but I do think that he needs some serious reworking that actually makes playing as him not so brain dead.