• Snake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
In order to help gauge character popularity, I would like to create this thread in order to ask two simple questions: Who is the one character you play the most, and why do love that character?

For me I play Kirby, because he fits like a glove for me, and was my main in 64. In addition, he has tons of fun combos, works well with grabs, and has an amazing off-stage game. Kirby captures a lot of what I enjoy about Minus, and Smash Bros. In general.

Who do you play?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Lucario..feels like one with me. i know everything he can and can't do almost down to the frame that it hits. i'm so in synch with him and his moves, i improvise incredible combo's on the spot that are generally at least 6 moves long. and that's if my combos that i practiced over and over fail. i often play 99 stocks against comps just to practice memorizing his falling speed and move frames.

All in all though, i LOVE lucario because, in a time long past, i used to have a crush on him >.> (don't judge me, people get crushes on anime and game characters all the time...pshh i'm not weird :p)

Glyph

I play ROB because before brawl was released I saw a video of a guy chasing someone offstage with his Fairs and up-b and thought 'wow that's kinda neat maybe I'll try him.'

I play ROB in MINUS because he's a stone cold love machine.

WastedCrits

I play Marth, though I can't explain exactly what it is I like about him, I just picked him up and he kinda clicked. :?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
My Minus mains are, in order from most to least played:

Captain Falcon
Zelda
Ganondorf

Link
Snake
Ike
Pikachu
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi

I'll include why I play each later.

woofypaws

Honestly, I use ALOT of characters myself. However, I choose falco because he is decently fast, technical, and has something for a wide variety of situations.

NEWB

I spend most of my time playing random because I get bored of playing the same characters over and over again. My fav character in minus has to be link. I've mained him since smash 64. That being said, I think I perform best in minus as Mario and falco. G&W is also my go to guy when it comes to vbrawl. I think me and this 2d black guy share some sorta connection that just clicked the first time I picked him brawl. He sucks balls in melee and I never expected him to be awesome to me in brawl. Bowser has also been a long time favorite.

WHY CAN I ONLY PICK ONE?

I guess I'll put link.

SonicBrawler

Minus Backroom
I play Pikachu, Toon Link, and Lucas. the most. So this is difficult for me to put one. lol. I think I would have to put my vote on Pikachu just for the PikaCopter

Lightning

Ikesexual
My main is Zelda, but I also main Toon Link, Ike, Marth and Link. (But, mostly Zelda.)

Why: I used to play Sheik in Melee. But once I got Brawl, I realized she wasn't the same powerful ninja. So, I decided one day to play as Zelda instead. And, well, it just clicked. Her playstyle felt natural to me, like it was made for me. Although she wasn't that difficult to learn, I only struggled with learning how to use Farore's Wind. (Probably the main reason everyone put her down in vBrawl) Then, I started playing Brawl Minus and Zelda is even more fun to play. :mrgreen:

Grump

Bowser all the way.

Occasional trollings with the Pika-shenanigans and Toon Link Spammages, but I feel I'm best with Bowser.

Smilindeth

Random wasn't an option, so picked Ganon since I've played him the most.

Enjoy most of the characters, but I suck with Falco, Fox, Lucario, MK, ICs, Shiek, and Marth (maybe others I'm forgetting).

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Mostly a Fox main, but I've been experimenting with MK, Wolf, and Zamus.

BCU999

Pikachu is my main, and to be honest it's mostly because he's been my main in every smash to date. But I will say he feels like one of the most unique characters in minus, his thunder jolt pokes with the option to back air out at any point feels pretty cool (as well as the many other applications of the pika-copter) and the way he uses thunder in every aspect of his edge game (double thunder edge coverage guarding and drop down thunder to get unwanted visitors away from the edge) all feel very good to me and makes it so nothing else in minus feels even similar to pikachu.

I also play a significant amount Charizard, Bowser, Peach, Jiggles, Captain Falcon, Wario and Ike. TBH it would be easier to list the characters I wouldn't consider myself fluent in; at least at my friend group's skill level, would probably get killed around here :D

Ferrous Faucet

My favorite character is Peach, but I can't really explain why. It's really funny to beat people up with a dainty princess (I always thought the epitome of this was when she served tea to Fox and Sheik in The Subspace Emissary), and she was my main in vBrawl before I started playing Minus. I generally prefer characters with a lot of aerial capability and fast falling speed, and even though Peach doesn't have fast falling speed, her float means she can do some really unique aerial stunts.
I admit, however, that she's not really the best fighter for a 1v1 match. I have more success with Captain Falcon, Mario, or Ganondorf. I was even better with Mario in 2.x.6 (his dash attack changed for Minus MAX, right? It's still good but I was so accustomed to the 2.x.6 version that it was hard for me to adapt) but I'm still decent with him. Peach is good for chasing characters around and racking up damage, but her survivability and KO potential are questionable. So if I'm playing to win, Peach might not be the best choice. But since I generally play for fun, she's the best.
When I first starting playing Brawl Minus (back in 2.x.6), I remember thinking Peach was awful compared to other characters, and her most useful techniques from vBrawl weren't useful anymore against the rest of the Minus cast. But once I figured out that she can cancel Peach Bomber, I was quickly able to improve with her and now she's my main again. Peach Bomber cancelling is essential to her metagame.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i actually just barely play ganon more than my others... i play ganon, donkey, ike, wolf, peach, wario (because he's so much damn FUN), fox, toonlink, mario, link, and i guess i do sometimes try other characters just to check out what's new

Saradi

I can play well with maybe a lil more than half the cast but Falco, Jukeas (Lucas), Marth, Sheik, Ike, Captain Manly, Samus, and Luigi are the ones I play with the most, with Falco being my main man.
To me he's such a great technical spiking (spikeing?) machine. And with his new 1.01 tools like jump cancellable sideb, reflector, pillaring, and the slow lasers make him some serious fun on the bun. I also played him ever since melee. I've always loved his playstyle.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
As of late, my mains don't seem to be in any particular order, since my effectiveness with each seems to be based on my mood.
I main DK, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ike, Link, Bowser, ROB and sometimes Luigi (in no particular order). I can play most of the rest of the cast to some efficiency, but not nearly as well.

Thor

Falco. Also Link and some Pikachu (my vBrawl and Melee mains more or less).

I've also been playing a lot of Marth recently, and a fair bit of Fox.

I like Ganon, Falcon, Lucario, and more, but I'm not as good with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazyx

For me right now, I'm in love with Sonic. His Sonic Boost is fantastic, and he covers the stage quickly. Of course, I'm playing against CPUs due to my area having pretty much no one to play against, and I'm not a huge online gamer anyway, so CPUs are sadly my go-to opponent.

Captain Falcon as a character always holds a special place in my heart, as I've played him consistently throughout his Smash life, and will continue to do so most likely. I find, for me personally, he's more situational as to when I use him. Other Minus characters I enjoy but don't play much of are Ganondorf and Snake.

celtuce

Ever since Minus came out I've been all about Ike. I really like the addition of wind boxes and being able to cancel Quick Draw into Aether has given me hope for his recovery skills and my ability to ledge steal.
No Sympathy Mode has been by far my favorite addition, although I thought charging his Eruption was far too easy and rewarded cowardly play styles, especially in Free For Alls. The idea of using a 'NS Meter' I think is genius but I think that 150% of sword damage is a little too high, as I feel like it's always activated right after I really could have used it.

Other people I play(in no particular order): Mario, Luigi, Wario, Bowser, Wolf, Lucas, and Donkey Kong.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
1. Sheik. 2. Tie between Dark Link and Pit.
No, not Link, but Dark Link.

Sheik is a ninja. Ninjas are at the upper echelon of the fighting class, and I've mained her along with Link since Melee, the game I started with. I started playing Melee as a young elementary school child, and now competitive Brawl two years ago when I started university, and throughout Link(Dark Link) and Sheik have always been my go to. With her now quicker UpB, disappearing dodges, and exploding needles, she became more of a ninja and it made her so much better. I realized that Link became godlike when I first saw a fully charged arrow hit Gannondorf in the face, the first time I ever played Minus(the first time I got it to work). With the editions of the improved Gale Boomerang, stronger bombs(because Melee bombs suck), and Twilight Princess moves...I can't imagine any more improvements. When it comes to Pit, the kid speaks for himself: "You can't defeat me!!!"

daftatt

I'm new here, but I've been a B- fan since the beginning.
I main Fox/Capt. Falcon/ZSS
with G&W/Link as secondaries.

I run the local P:M community in the washington south puget sound region, it's growing rapidly and I think I'm going to start having a B- side event at my tournaments, and definitely going to have a B- setup running all the time so people can check it out. It's just too DBZ-awesometastic to not have a scene. My roommate and I call it Dragon Brawl Z

Hoping to post on these forums a lot more often as I get better and get more people interested in the game.