VENGEANCE II - The Next Event in the Pichu Only Vengeance Series

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Yes it's happening again. Yes I fixed the unreadable logo.
jynhfe.png

(thread may still contain pichu)

Welcome, competitors, to Vengeance II.
What is Vengeance? Vengeance is a tournament (series, I'll explain further down) hosted by me, Doqtor Kirby. However this isn't your average tournament in the fact that the only allowed character is Pichu.

Why Pichu? I don't see Pichu used that often, if at all. I don't think people see it as competitively viable, so I thought "let's make it the only playable character!" And thus I started Vengeance.
You said tournament (series). What do you mean? I plan on running a Vengeance on every major Minus release (bugfix-only releases don't count, but balance releases do). This Vengeance will be played using Minus 4.0b
Uh, what are the rules again? Oh! Totally forgot about that!
4 stocks, 8 minutes, no items
Stagelist is as follows:
Starter:
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Dreamland
  • Final Frustration. No that is not a typo.
Counterpick:
  • Spear Pillar
  • Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Fountain of Dreams
(Yes quite the conservative list, eh?)
Bracket is double elimination - unless I can't get enough players, then I'll do a round robin. Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect: No CPing a stage you've won on. Games are best 2 of 3 until winners and losers finals where they are 3 of 5. Grand Finals are best 4 of 7. Stage striking is 1-2-2-1. In the event a desync happens the game is replayed only if it wasn't unwinnable for one player, and only up to two times. After the third try, the game automatically goes to the one who didn't disconnect. This is to prevent bracket manipulation by gaining a lead then purposely desyncing.
Replay files must be submitted to me or the set doesn't count!!! I want a full archive of each and every tournament I host, so this is a requirement. With the actual replay files, also include the date and who was which Pichu. Optionally, you can include a song to be played on the stages. Also, please let me do them. I understand that if multiple people record replays it'll get done faster, but I have a thing where they have to be consistent, so if you do then prepare to have sets invalidated.

Giggity! Where do I sign up? Right here in this very thread. A bracket will appear when I have enough signed up. Usually this is 8 but I can go up to 16 if enough want to.
When will this happen? Definitely sometime after 4.0b's release. Not sure when though.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
About time this tourney got re-booted. I'm in.

Swoosh_

This seems really cool but i have a few questions one will this be streamed, is this somewhere or online, also can the next tourney be all ganon it would really show the power of the new 4.0b ganon Thanks.