USB Loader Crash on CSS

Patcheresu

My Wii is old. 2006 old. So the only way I can run double layer discs, or even most discs at all, is through USB Loading. If my younger siblings haven't trashed the disc when playing with the WiiU, I could still prove I have a legal copy of Brawl when I go home for break from college.

Now, when a homebrew build of say, PM, is setup I usually can run it no issue. Just go into USB Loader GX, make sure the codes are enabled, make sure gameconfig.txt is in, make sure the hooktype is right, and just launch Brawl.

I have been unable to ever get Brawl Minus to work, however. It's the same thing every time.

I can navigate the menus all I want, but when I get to the CSS, it freezes after a couple of seconds. And not a polite freeze, the kind where your Wii just goes "REEEEEEEEE" until you turn it off with a hard reset or by pulling out the power.

Any advice?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
I think it should just be the same process, are you using axNextFrame as your hook type? If you are (or it still crashes) there might be additional setup steps for BEx, and I'll get one of the BR members with more experience with USB Loaders to help.

Patcheresu

I think it should just be the same process, are you using axNextFrame as your hook type? If you are (or it still crashes) there might be additional setup steps for BEx, and I'll get one of the BR members with more experience with USB Loaders to help.

Just got this message. Turns out if I force axNextFrame and then not touch anything until the game finishes loading, I can bypass the issue! Thanks, Mawootad!