trouble getting brawl minus open

Hello. I seem to be having trouble. I wanted to play an older version of brawl minus (2.x.6 to be exact). I went to the download archive where you can download the older versions, downloaded the 2.6.x files, put them in my 2GB sd card, placed the sd card into my US Wii, put up brawl (which is U.S. btw), and went to the stage builder, but it doesnt open the the Gecko launcher and it just stays in the stage builder part. i can move around the stage builder part so it is not frozen. is there anything i'm doing wrong? i tried looking at the other forum posts and read the tutorial. Is there anything i could do?

EDIT: i am doing this via the smashstack/ hackless version

Last edited by a moderator:

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Yeah, the .elf file in your root is what smashstack loads, so without that nothing should happen. You can probably grab the .elf from any other version of hackless minus and it should work.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Are you able to use 3.Q hackless? If you are, load 3.Q onto you SD card, delete the codes and private folders, and then copy the codes and private folders from 2.x.6 onto your SD card.

and it didnt work. :( i tried using the regular brawl minus 3.q and that worked, but when i replaced the codes and private with the ones from 2.x.6, it didn't work. anything else i could try?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Ah, I just checked and the 2.x.6 download in the B- archives isn't set up for hackless. You'll need to copy the folder private/wii/app/rsbe/st from a hackless version of minus (3.Q should work) to your 2.x.6 SD card in the same location in order to use smash stack.