Touhou RP! (Ikemen and Mugen)

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
"Touhou-- what?"

Touhou RP is a fangame made in the I.K.E.M.E.N (and M.U.G.E.N) fighting engine by Rice Pigeon and compiled by Traweezie, a well known player in the Super Smash Bros. Crusade community.

Touhou RP is played with 4 buttons: Light, Medium, Heavy attacks and a dash button. The game is far from complete, but it is very playable right now! It's a free download, and it's not a console game, so it's not like you gotta go out and buy a PS4 or som'n. So go grab it! Nothing to lose, except a couple hundred megabytes of harddrive space.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j1i5q3thizqfrp/Touhou RP mugen.rar (with single player mode, Ikemen version in package)

There are currently 16 playable characters (they're all from Touhou games, obvi):

*added from most recent update
Alice Margatroid
Byakuren Hijiri
Lie Meiling
Hong Meiling
Patchouli Knowledge
Reimu Hakurei
Sakuya Izayoi
Yukari Yakumo

Meimu
Flandre Scarlet
Kanako Yasaka
Mima
Fujiwara no Mokou
Sanae Kochiya
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Komachi Onozuko

Fun game too! If you have experience playing Street Fighter, MvC, Persona, or just about any traditional fighting game; you'll have an easy time picking up this game.

I main Byakuren, and if you pick up this game, I'd like to know who you main too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
More updates! (yay... :/) This update is built on Mugen instead of Ikemen, and features an arcade mode and more multiplayer options. I recommend keeping the Ikemen version because online is not in the Mugen version

Doqtor Kirby

Minus Backroom
What does this game have over Soku? (Touhou 12.3)

I find that game pretty fun and play an alright Patchy there, even if I don't play it much.
Decent integrated netplay. It's a fangame so there's probly some balancing as well. Not all the characters play like Soku. Actually none of the characters play like Soku. RP Touhou's gameplay is not projectile-based, akin to 7.5, 10.5, and 12.3, but is more melee-based, like most other traditional fighting games. And not all the characters in here are playable in Soku either. (especially Byaku ;~; )

Last edited by a moderator: