Toil is a Fraud

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
So I'm still the best DK in minus.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I remember when he joined I skyped him and we were going to face off on wifi. That never happened. Even though he got it set up. Or he was in the process of doing so. Either way, I won't know unless he actually makes a reappearance.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
But the real question is, did this really need its own thread?

NEWB

I don't really think so. Let's just all have opinions on this guy because why not? I'm in the habit of giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Glyph

That's exactly what I'm talking about, but you in particular I don't really blame due to your age. Other dudes need to step it up!

NEWB

I don't understand the social convention of trash talking. Is that like rap battles, insults and stuff, but without the rapping?

Thor

Having a mental problem means I can't actually trash talk "correctly", per-se.

Nah you can talk trash, try it.

OLD BANANA PEEL!

CRUMPLED MILK CARTAIN!

USED TISSUES!

Ether'd. I bet y'all feel inferior now, huh!?

I don't understand the social convention of trash talking. Is that like rap battles, insults and stuff, but without the rapping?

At the heart of it, it's just really, REALLY stupid.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
*shakes head in dismay*

It's nothing like that. Good trash talk has no consequences other than the "YOU WAS TALKIN ALL THAT SHIT. NOW YOU LOOK HELLA DUMB." But afterwards everyobe is friends.

Glyph

Exactly, the heart of trash talking is that its just that. There's no real animosity behind it, just firing off shots and then doing your best to back it up. If you lose you'll get it thrown back in your face, but that's just all the more reason to improve and win the next time around.

Gold_TSG

Guess I'm one of the people who just isn't used to it then, since I've always been the more respectful type. A good handshake and a "good luck" is how I generally do things.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I've made the mistake of underestimating an opponent long ago....
Never again shall I make that mistake.
I take the Goku approach.

Glyph

Nothing wrong with traditional approaches like that, it just builds significantly less hype and hype is the lifeblood of competitive smash

Gold_TSG

I can respect that it's the lifeblood of the competitive side of the game, but despite my level of skill, I've never really been the competitive type. I just live for the rush of a good, hard fight.