The Concept's Final Build

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Brawl modding has been a fun learning experience, during which I've greatly improved my skill in Smash, thanks to all of you, virtually encountered some interesting people (you all), and learned a lot about how this game modding thing works. Over the past summer, I've been pretty active here, releasing things here and there, taking on challengers, training newcomers, etc. During all this, I've been custom building for my local group. Unfortunately, after my long and tiresome 6+ months of building, my local group has switched to Smash 4, making my building useless and pointless to continue. I therefore release my personal build. This has never before been released. It's a compilation of the Super OP Minus build that I released, as well as the Turbo Mode, a few BrawlEX characters, Stage Expansion, skins, added never seen on Minus stages, and one or more things I have forgotten to mention at this point.
Unfortunately, there are two glitches. Spear pillar is crazy. There's also a music selection issue that is apparent but negligible.
There may also be an issue with two items: Spinira and smoke balls. If I remember correctly, don't use them in bulk, all at once.
I will also release all documentation of this build: GCTs, codes.txt, Skins documentations, character information, and more. Do with this what you want with it. Strip it apart, update it, fix my glitches, whatever.

This will be my final release as a compiler. I'll still assist with whatever if asked.

EDIT: Documentation complete. Welcome to my world.
I am a download link

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
While documenting, I got an idea. I tested this....and it crashed. This is big. I must fix. Release delayed.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I was wondering what would happen when with a BrawlEX character copy ability. However, when I put a BrawlEX character and Kirby in a match, it crashes....which is unacceptable.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Of course it has to be Kirby ;~;
Well, I'll be happy to play it once it's released. Thank you, good sir.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Fixed it. In the end, Kirby will not get any abilities from characters that were not originally in Brawl, this includes the characters that the Minus team added. However...there are a few Kirby easter eggs....Darx should enjoy them.
So...back to documentation.
Also....this is not for Dolphin users. You'll need a real Wii or WiiU to contain the high levels of customization.
Stay tuned.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
after my long and tiresome 6+ months of building
....I just realized that I've been doing this for much longer than that....I have just found files from 2013......
I'm unsure how to feel about that.
Depressing...is what comes to mind.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
....I just realized that I've been doing this for much longer than that....I have just found files from 2013......
I'm unsure how to feel about that.
Depressing...is what comes to mind.

If you enjoyed doing it, then I can't really find it depressing. Heck, I have a million folders of 2013 hacking stuff.
Now, if it got so tiring to the point where you truly stopped enjoying yourself, then it would be a problem. I do hope this is not the case...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
If you enjoyed doing it, then I can't really find it depressing. Heck, I have a million folders of 2013 hacking stuff.
Now, if it got so tiring to the point where you truly stopped enjoying yourself, then it would be a problem. I do hope this is not the case...
It's just that I spent over a year working on this project, and not only did I not finish it, the audience that I prepared this for hath deemed it obsolete. It's almost like I wasted time. The only saving grace is that we were playing it in the meantime. I found it to be very tiring and difficult work. Interesting work, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the enjoyment of my team.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
It's just that I spent over a year working on this project, and not only did I not finish it, the audience that I prepared this for hath deemed it obsolete. It's almost like I wasted time. The only saving grace is that we were playing it in the meantime. I found it to be very tiring and difficult work. Interesting work, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the enjoyment of my team.
Man, I've been working on my custom pack for a few months (at least 5) and I gave it to my friends. They only played it once, literally once, before switching to Smash 4. So I know how you must feel.

NEWB

What can you do? Smash is great. I can't really relate a whole lot to this though. Customizing my minus got too tedious because the game would get updated.

Faren

Yo, just a random minus player out there that got caught by your post.
I've yet to come across a public minus build with brawlex characters apart from Pichu and Roy (not too bright in that area of customizing. I seem to be missing something - none of my characters ever show up).

Mind if I could pester on how things are going? Can't wait to see what you have made.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
THE TIME HAS COME!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7mlZCazboKUMW9CMjlSc2U4Vmc/view?usp=sharing

Yo, just a random minus player out there that got caught by your post.
I've yet to come across a public minus build with brawlex characters apart from Pichu and Roy (not too bright in that area of customizing. I seem to be missing something - none of my characters ever show up).

Mind if I could pester on how things are going? Can't wait to see what you have made.
Yeah, man. Just send me a PM.