Stuck at Launch Screen

PhoeniXClades

So I recently started using Brawl Mods like project M, and someone suggested I try this out. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work for the life of me. My Wii is unmodified so I am using the stage creator to start my mods. For brawl minus I am brought to a screen that says: Launch Game; Launch Channel; Launch Rebooter, etc. However, I cannot advance from this screen. The first option is blinking, but I cannot select anything. No buttons on my controller function. I'm using a two GB SD card, do I need to do anything special or just drag and drop the files? I'm slightly afraid that the answer might just be that I need to use a GameCube controller to start the game, but I hope that is not the case because then I will not be able to play this mod. If anyone has any solutions for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
I think you need a GameCube controller for minima launcher, which is the launcher used by default in Brawl Minus. I believe there are launchers that support other input methods however, what controller were you trying to use to connect?

PhoeniXClades

I've tried Wii Remote and Wii Remote+Nunchuck. I would try to use Classic Controller but I don't own one. If the default requires a GameCube controller, is it possible to start it another way without hacking the Wii? I only ask because it is 100% impossible for me to use GameCube Controllers with my Wii.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Do you have any non-Wii-MotionPlus Wiimotes? Those will work with Gecko OS, and if you'd prefer to use a MotionPlus controller for actual gameplay once you've booted Minus all controllers will work as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoeniXClades

Thank you so much! I didn't even think of it because it's a habit to use my black Wii remote(the only Wii Remote+ I own) and I didn't even think about. I've got it working now, thanks so much.