Straploader problems

equationcrunchor

Filthy Casual
Unless you press A on the custom strap screen with perfect precision, it will crash on the BrawlMinus.net screen. Help?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Unless you press A on the custom strap screen with perfect precision, it will crash on the BrawlMinus.net screen. Help?
Love the Black Hat profile picture. Can we have more information? Are you using the hacked or the hackless method? What code loader are you using(Gecko, Minima, Riivolution etc)?

equationcrunchor

Filthy Casual
I don't know much about programming; it's just the one from the site download. Hackless on the SD card? It's under 2GB.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
This happens to me too, but it's seemingly random. Doesn't matter if or when you press any buttons, AFAIK.

You just have to keep reloadiing until it works.

equationcrunchor

Filthy Casual
Yeah, but it's a pain because of Brawl's loading speed. Any fixes? This is why I play Project M more than minus, (aside from Mewtwo hype)

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Some things that might help:
Try re-copying Minus onto your SD card and see if that fixes things (on the rare chance that a file corrupted during copying)
Try deleting the strap screen file (under private/app/wii/rsbe/pf/menu/strap/StrapEn.pac)
Make sure the hook type on your code loader is AxNextFrame
Try switching to hacked instead of hackless (ie install Homebrew Channel and Minima Launcher and run using that)

Last edited by a moderator:

equationcrunchor

Filthy Casual
Deleted the strap screen. Still crashes sometimes. Also, switching between VBI and AXNextFrame at random seems to work. Or maybe I'm just going crazy. It seems other people have reported this issue...

This never happened with Project M. Could you just ask them what they did, and do that? The crashing is a lot more annoying than Ganon's d-smash.