Sparkles

gumbie

I'm sure almost no one here plays this, but the group I play with in college has taken a liking to this game since its a lot less over the top than Minus Max and it has a lot of cool stages.

Those of you that have played this game, have you pinpointed what the sparkles that sometimes appear around characters signify? In a couple weeks we've determined that the red sparkles are related to damage percentage, but haven't figured out if they signal some change or a new move available. Then, there are white sparkles which appear to be related to super moves. The four we have figured out are Sonic's, which show that he has charged a light speed dash; Pikachu's, which appear to add some change to his side-b; Meta Knight's, which turn his down-b into his final smash; and Peach's, which turn her forward throw into a really cool super throw. Anyone else know anything?

Smilindeth

I don't know the trigger of it, but under the same set of ideas I believe Ganon has an AoE kill move that requires some special trigger to activate. No clue how to do it, but watched some Zeus videos a while back and saw him use it.
Pikachu had a big attack also, but I'm assuming it's what you mentioned here.

WastedCrits

Ganon's is a super taunt. up down up. The timing is extremely tight. It powers up side-b and neutral-b. Side-b becomes a super powerful single target hit, while neutral-b hits an area in front of him, and does self damage, worthless in 1v1 because it does more self damage than enemy damage. The red sparkles are definitely about high damage, don't know if it does anything, and I think a character sparkles if they haven't taken damage at all after a short time, I could be misremembering that one, though. Ganon and the soccer stage are the only things I really like about the mod, and I haven't had the chance to play vs a human, so I don't have too much experience.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Red sparkles mean you are in the right damage range for a certain throw. Doing that throw will result in white sparkles which do things from giving Ike an AWESOME super move to Lucas and Ness, which simply heal 50%. If you go outside the damage range with red sparkles, you lose the charge, but you keep the white sparkles until you use the attack, even if you get KOed.