Some TAS videos

CaptainEllipsis

Graphic/Character Designer
Just learned how to do tas videos, gonna spend more time practicing them, but until then here's two quickies
And
:D

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
You're saying that Zelda's grabs have ranged hitboxes like her other moves do...?!

You're talking about 3.5 Zelda, right? Is there no graphic indicator of the ranged grab box?

I've played Zelda a ton, but this is the first I've heard of ranged grab boxes. o_o

CaptainEllipsis

You're saying that Zelda's grabs have ranged hitboxes like her other moves do...?!

You're talking about 3.5 Zelda, right? Is there no graphic indicator of the ranged grab box?

I've played Zelda a ton, but this is the first I've heard of ranged grab boxes. o_o
A while ago, I asked for ranged grabs on Zelda, but never got them, so I added some myself, to see how they'd play out :D
And yeah, there's a small spark, like her ranged aerials (check the second grab I get on the first stock)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
A while ago, I asked for ranged grabs on Zelda, but never got them, so I added some myself, to see how they'd play out :D
And yeah, there's a small spark, like her ranged aerials (check the second grab I get on the first stock)
Aww, I was hoping ranged grabs were in the official 3.5 build, and I just never noticed them. Zelda could use some buffs like that since her ranged Dash Attack and ranged D-Tilt got Nerfed...

Could I get a copy of that Zelda build with ranged grabs? I'd like to test 'em out myself. :D

Thor

I don't like the idea, precisely because it would be so imbalanced... unless she had the lag of a tether grab on it, then it would probably be okay... but that speed grab at about Link's grab range? Ew.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Fun idea, impossible to balance.

NEWB

Not unless it was like the gap between the grab and zelda is the length of over two thirds of FD. Or maybe it goes diagonally above her or behind or some crap.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Ellip, you must do more of these when you get SMARTS.

Fun idea, impossible to balance.
Like how Thor said, it could be balanced if it was laggy like tether grabs, maybe remove her up-close one? It just has to be able to be played around with skill is all.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Ellip, you must do more of these when you get SMARTS.
What is SMARTS?

Like how Thor said, it could be balanced if it was laggy like tether grabs, maybe remove her up-close one? It just has to be able to be played around with skill is all.
As bad as Zelda's grab is, I wouldn't want her to lose her close-range grab in exchange for a long-range one.

CaptainEllipsis

HEre's the Zelda.pac if anyone wants it, the hitlag on her aerials is still low I think.

Also, it wouldn't be hard to balance, theoretically. As of right now, it's just another hitbox to avoid, but adding a bit of endlag would make it easy to punish, should you miss. It functions closely enough to a tether anyway.The only hard part would be finding a way to avoid chaingrab infinites without ruining her current playstyle :p

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
You could just have the ranged grab box in a very impractical spot, like wayy out in front of Zelda where none of her other moves reach...