Some stages can't be taken off random in 4.2

DJbone

As the title says, some of the new stages in Minus 4.2 don't show up on the random stage list. This puts them in the random stage selection by default and they can't be removed. While this isn't a game breaking bug, I'd really rather not be forced to end up on N64 Yoshi's Story and get Lylatted under the stage. Is it possible to include these stages in the random stage selection screen in a future update?

Also super minor nitpick, the online training room stage is really cool but the sandbag gets really distracting.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
This is an inherent bug with the way we expanded the stage list.

The method used was Stage Expansion Project (SEP) and one of it’s bugs is that Random Stage Control is either broken or some stages are not added.

While this does not break the game, as you’ve said, it becomes extremely difficult to take the stage you want out of the Random Pool and some just flat out don’t get disabled.

This is not something that will be fixed in any sort of hotfix for 4.2, but the issues that we have with SEP will be completely done away with once 4.3 comes out due to it having a different system of adding in stages.

This combined with added effort to make 4.3 or whatever even better than 4.2 will make sure that Random Stage Control will work properly and still have a ton of stages to choose from.

Sadly, we still have to deal with this now, but maybe people could begin to get into more of a habit of picking their stages more often.

Either way, it’s gonna get fixed and this is the only version where we have to deal with that.

DJbone

Thanks for the feedback. When you say it's extremely difficult to take a stage out of the list, does that imply it's still possible?

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Yes, it possible to turn off the stage you want in the current Random Stage Select.

There positions were shuffled around weirdly, so you have to do some finagling, but it is possible.

I would provide more info right now if I could, but right now I can’t.