Smash 4 hype has killed my will to play minus.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I hope im not the only one.

Im just so hype man. I can't play any games anymore. It's so bad that I sandbagged darx and a little bit against gold.

Restore my will.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'll just play other guys. THANKS BASH.

Glyph

Should be new content out within a week. Won't be a major update but should still help rekindle some interest.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It's the opposite for me -- I'm worried that Smash 4 won't be as good as Minus. Where's Snake!?

Gold_TSG

I'm enjoying what I have right now and am still hyped for smash 4. Why can't people be like that?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
1. I came back on the grid just to reply to this.
2. Gold, did Bash insult you? I don't know this term, "sandbagged". If someone could explain it...could be helpful.
3. Minus is here, both for me and my social group/local players, to hold us over until Smash 4, especially with the custom build I'm assembling with more and different stages, brand new characters (new to them and me at least), and the changes to Minus's roster's members and movesets. Will we play it after Smash 4? I honestly don't know. I do know that we will play it very much until December(?) arrives.

Glyph

Sandbagging is when you don't try your hardest intentionally. Lot of people sandbag in friendlies and save their A game for tourney matches. Its a loose definition but thats the jist at least

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
So...like throwing a fight? Like in real, non-virtual fighting?
If so...I'm confused at how one can "sandbag" then have a complaint that they're not having fun. Is it because losing was inevitable? Bash has the skill for that not to be the case. Therefore, my final answer is: Sandbagging causes boredom.

NEWB

I've played the demo, and it's tough to say.

Minus may indeed take a backseat to smash 4, but I still really like minus. I'll be around when there are updates and to play smash 4 with you guys :)

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I think...I may be doing both...
or....
Smash 4 Minus!
Why choose between one or the other!? :D
...Wait. I don't think they've homebrew'd the WiiU yet.
In due time then.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
So...like throwing a fight? Like in real, non-virtual fighting?
If so...I'm confused at how one can "sandbag" then have a complaint that they're not having fun. Is it because losing was inevitable? Bash has the skill for that not to be the case. Therefore, my final answer is: Sandbagging causes boredom.
You've got it backwards. Bordem causes sandbagging.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Have you been winning too much? Is this why you are bored, lack of challenge?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
No but I will say, I'm only as good as I am invested. All those times where I pull some random 1-2 stock comebacks against you, darx or thor, was REEAALLY into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

So you weren't invested in the Marth dittos?

Gold_TSG

Uh huh...

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Sorry about this late reply...:oops:
I can't do much to restore your full will.
Only you can make that decision...

Last edited by a moderator: