Remove Link's Jump Cancel in his Finishing Blow?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
There is a very brief window to Jump Cancel in the early part of Link's Finishing Blow Hidden Skill. Why is it there? All it ever does for me is occasionally make me cancel into an aerial or fire an arrow when I don't want to.

As-is, the Jump Cancel doesn't help at all. The window for it is too small to use reliably. Please either remove the JC window or widen the window so it's usable.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Like I suggested a few times before, I think this would better cancel into helm splitter. And have you tried holding up on the joystick, as if trying to tilt, when pressing B for the finishing blow? Speaking of which, maybe tilts should be the inputs for these two, and not tilting but still charging/pressing B would do the jumping strike, and normal smash attack could be jump attack..?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I actually like the jump cancel, as it allows him extra mobility and let him surprise opponents. I myself use it to pull out a quick bomb. However, there's an odd bug in there that, at random, any action you take after doing the jump cancel (possibly within a certain timeframe) causes him to go back into finishing blow, which, being a random element, means he can accidentally leave himself wide open without warning, or plummet to his death as faster-than-normal speed offstage.

EDIT: Actually, on a quick test, it's actually his side B that causes him to go right back into the finishing blow at a fast-drop speed. At the same time, you can also suddenly use his dair similarly to finishing blow, in that if you use the first, bouncing hit, it automatically puts opponents into a lie-down state on hit.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Link jump canceling out of it, and then rapidly fast falling the next time he does it, is actually a bug in how the move is coded, taking the character from the ground to the air. The same bug is also present in Olimar's self-toss, and asides from recoding the moves from scratch, I'm not entirely sure how much of this can be fixed.