Play tester?

NEWB

I'm a little confused as to what is being asked for since there wasn't really a template for this position. I'm not even sure is this is just synonymous to being a good community member here on the forums.

I don't have any means to upload videos yet, but I do hope to at some point, and I fill all the other requirements, though I can't say I'm tournament caliber since I don't know where the line is there. I'm not glyph or gold level, but I can hold my own against everyone else so far.

Anyways I'm mostly asking for clarification for this position. I'm part of Gamer's Guild, a nonprofit organization that is seeing rapid growth since it's inception two years ago. We host gaming events for charity, and we bring people together using video games as a medium to foster a community in a companionate, competitive environment. We started out as a meager club here at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA. Now, we have branched off to give nearby colleges and we have become a charter of the TESPA organization. We are also partnered with Microsoft and sponsored by ,well, a lot of companies. I'll try and find a list.

Our next event is going to be our biggest one yet. We are fixing to rent out a portion of Sony studios to host tournaments for street fighter, marvel, brawl, pokemon, etc. We want 3000 people to attend. It actually looks like we can pull this off to! We've come so much further we could have ever imagined. As such, we are currently dealing with something unforeseen: we need to negotiate some kind of agreement with occ because we are still a club under them and therefore can't receive money to get supplies. Our president has to speak with a freaking attorney! Anyways....

I myself joined during GG's second semester (lol gg) and I have become captain of the brawl community here. I'm sure that once we are able to accept funding for equipment that I will get access to streaming equipment, which is why I'm hoping to become a play tester. I'll provide links later.

Other Aether

Mediator
To be a playtester, you mostly just have to be (very)-skilled, active, dedicated, and have some method of showing your testing to other people (from what I can infer). I think that people who are in a position to spread the word about Minus (like yourself) should definitely do so!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i think i'd LIKE to do this, but my parents already think i'm lazy since i don't work, so i might not be able to put in the hours of play testing without getting into deep shit with them XP ...also, i still can't get online yet (i play disk) so i have no way of testing my abilities against you guys yet xP

Thor

I'd like to ask Glyph/Owo/Gold_TSG if they think I would be skilled enough to qualify for this position... just cuz I'm curious (not sure I could test as of now for time reasons, given that I'm off to college for summer school courses and I'm graduating high school next Friday...).

owo

I think being a playtester is more of a time-commitment based position in comparison to the other positions where skills as a programmer or animator is required. That being said, I believe we are all playtesters to some extent; just not officially instated by the Dev Team.

&Thor I think you should be fine as long as you input time and give feedback on any findings, but who am I to say (I'm just a minus fan like yourself :D)

Thor

owo said:
but who am I to say

Well you've beaten Glyph's ROB a few different times is why I figured you'd be qualified to make a judgement. But maybe that's reserved for backroom members only.

And I'll have to see if college sucks up even more time or if I somehow find the time, and also I'll have to see if hackless gets wifi, or it's probably a no-go no matter how high my skill is...