On the Off Chance you Browse the New Site and Not the Old

Glyph

Copied from the Smashmods thread

Also, my align code isn't working on this site so please sit back and enjoy some text flush to the left side of the screen, as God intended.

[Graphic of Tournament Title Pending/Probably not going to exist at all]

As of right now, I would like to have this tournament start at 1pm eastern time on Friday, January 3rd. I am aware that this is short notice, but with many winter breaks coming to a close its important to get this started sooner rather than later. Round 1 of matches will last 4 hours, unless the matches are all completed before that time expires. Hopefully once we are through the preliminary round, we will be narrowed down only players who are available to play and will be able to run much shorter rounds. The tournament will be single elimination, but depending on how many people can play we might try to do something fun afterwards like all random or doubles.

RULES THUS FAR

- Everyone will be using the most recent codeset. For the sake of getting things running, no custom stages will be allowed (I highly recommend redownloading the full version with no mods, and take extra care that any skins or other mods you add will not interfere with online play. Also, take a minute to make sure your wii is connecting to the internet effectively before you need to play.

-We will be using the following neutrals/counterpicks. If you feel a stage should/shouldn't be included let me know, but I may or may not include it.

[collapse=Legal Stages]
Neutral
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
-Rumble Falls
-Hyrule Castle
-Lavaville
-Lylat Cruise
-Norfair
-Halberd
-Distant Planet
-Mario Bros
-Skyworld
-Temple
-Dream (?) Greens
-Pokemon Stadium
[/collapse] Great collapse tags don't work either THANKS OBAMA

-Games will all be double blind for character picks.

-Before game 1, both players will strike a neutral stage and three counterpicks (Players can opt to wait to ban counterpicks after game 1 ends as well. Up to you guys). Both players will then either agree to a first stage from the remaining neutrals or randomly select one from the remaining 3 (I'm pretty sure it randomly picks which stage to use from the two players, so just pick the one you want and cross your fingers).

-Loser of game 1 picks a stage from the remaining legal stages. Then the other player if they lose, its pretty straight forward. Loser picks stage. Got it.

-You may not select a stage that you have already won on as your counterpick.

-In the event of a crash or desync, the game will only be considered valid if over 4 minutes have progressed with no issues. At that time, the player with more stocks will be declared the winner. Both players may opt for a replay as well. Games that crash before the 4 minute mark will be reset with the same characters and same stage once players have corrected their files.

-Items should be set to NONE and OFF (important to prevent characters like D3 from throwing capsules containing final smashes or other items)

-Current Signups-
1. Glyph - 2278-0677-1888
2. NEWB - 1161-4989-4201
3. InsanityReborn - 0820-3393-6279
4. Bent 00 - 1461-6025-1473
5. Ph0x3h -
6. Pro - 1161-4989-4201
7. Kienamaru - 3438-8124-8165
8. Shadó - 5413-1241-7800

NEWB

Re: On the Off Chance you Browse the New Site and Not the Ol

Miasmir

I was getting pretty hype for this but I have work during the entire first round so I don't think I can sign up.

Can we get players to all save replays and then have a broadcast (or just upload videos (or replays)) at some point? I'm still really interested in what all of you can come up with.

Glyph

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to be saving replays every chance I get.

NEWB

Same. Just helps for confirming met he's too. Shouldn't we have to save replays? We need these matches for further balance testing, right?

Ph0x3h

Remove me from the tournament please. I able unable to play due to having work on Friday and the next 3 days. 10 hour shifts suck man...

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom

Alright, I'm gonna have to get removed. I'm going somewhere today and not sure when I'll be back home. Sorry.

NEWB

We may have to do double eliminations glyph. I'm so surprised that there are so few. More people seemed interested.

Let's do this one to iron out kinks. This is also like a beta.

Glyph

We'll either do double elim, round robin, or just a bunch of friendlies depending on how many people show up and what we feel like doing.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom

I'm getting upset. All plans that anyone makes with me fail. So evidently my plans were cancelled as I was about to leave. Now I'm not going anywhere today. I don't know if it'll be tomorrow though.

Glyph

Me and NEWB are playing online right now if you want to jump in as well.

Smilindeth

(Post copied from other forum's topic, reposting just in case)

Had to fight reseting the parental settings and setting up a wifi connection, but I'll try giving this tourney a shot. I might have to leave half-through (if not elimated already) to take the equipment for others to play on.

Friend code: 0473-7465-4111

Hopping onto the game now if anyone is still up.

Glyph

Last call for anyone who wants to play in the tournament, or just with people online at all lol