Olimar Randomly Crashes Matches in 3.Q

?0123456789?

I posted about this in the 3.Q release thread, but I just wanted to bring more attention to this. I have had at least 5 matches crash while a player was using Olimar, ranging from 1v1 to full free-for-all. The other characters were all different and the game seems to crash at unspecific times as well, but the problem certainly is Olimar, as other playtesters have had similar issues. Hope this can be fixed soon and have a patch up so we can continue to play Olimar.

Glyph

Is there any kind of trend you've noticed as far as WHEN the crashes happen? Is olimar doing any particular attacks? Just standing still? The more we can pin down for this the sooner we can get it fixed

NEWB

I had it freeze twice for me with olimar. No trend that I know of though. Just that he might have had a pikmin on me in both instances.

Glyph

Aaaaand I'm guessing the damage change might be the culprit. Weird that it'd cause problems but its also the only change from the olimar who was working correctly (to my knowledge).

?0123456789?

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think the Pikmin throw move is causing the crash. This is because nearly every time I can recall a crash, that move was somehow involved, including a Kirby copy of the ability if I'm not mistaken. This would probably be something worth looking into a bit deeper.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I've had olimar crash on me once thus far while playing through classic mode, trying to see if it works on master hand again. I only remember him plucking pikmin when it happened, and I couldn't get him to freeze my wii when testing things out in training.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
None that I can recall

Thor

I have had this issue as well... it was during a star KO where I was doing well (I think I would have 4-stocked them if it hadn't froze - they were already good as dead [animation just had to finish] but I may have only had 3 stocks) on Final Destination. Just the buzzing noise started and the game froze. I think I chose FD via random stage select (with only vBrawl neutrals on) but neither character (I think it was Mario?) was chosen via random character select.

No items were on either. I KO'd him with a usmash, if that somehow matters. Think it was a purple pikmin but I can't say for certain.

knives

This has happened to me several times. Was it ever resolved? I like Olimar, but a character hard freezing the game so often is basically unplayable.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
It mostly happened for me when Olimar was either plucking Pikmin or using/spamming Side-B. I knew that move was broken, but I didn't think it was so broken it would break the game's engine...